How does a BTEC L3 Business Extended Certificate work?

Watch
HolaNeinoa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m going to be doing BTEC L3 Business Extended Certificate along with 2 other A-Levels since my sixth form isn’t allowing me to do 3 a levels. I was just wondering how the BTEC is going to work and what would be the difference if I were to do BTEC L3 Extended Diploma I know they’re both different in A-Level Equivalents but what is different other than that?
impoor123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
it just means you’ll be doing more course work and no exam - it may mean you’ll get an easier chance of getting a higher grade (distinction = A grade)
bamtutor
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by impoor123)
it just means you’ll be doing more course work and no exam - it may mean you’ll get an easier chance of getting a higher grade (distinction = A grade)
Not quite! BTECs do now have exams and for a L3 Ext Cert there are 4 units which includes 2 exams;

4 units of which 3 are mandatory and 2 are external. Mandatory content (83%). External assessment (58%).
See full specification at; https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...Spec_Iss3C.pdf
HolaNeinoa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bamtutor)
Not quite! BTECs do now have exams and for a L3 Ext Cert there are 4 units which includes 2 exams;

4 units of which 3 are mandatory and 2 are external. Mandatory content (83%). External assessment (58%).
See full specification at; https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...Spec_Iss3C.pdf
Eventhough BTEC Ext Cert L3 are equivalent to 1 a-level will it in some way be easier compared to an a-level?
Last edited by HolaNeinoa; 2 weeks ago
bamtutor
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not always. I have taught both BTEC and A level and its down to individual learners motivation and work ethic. With A levels you can 'coast' all year and then revise heavily and some learners do this and get high grades. Others do this and still fail.
With BTECs you complete written assignments all throughout the year and are given a chance to resubmit and so can get higher grades for most units. The exams need the same level of revision as A level, but you normally do one in January and can resit in May / June of each year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (53)
21.46%
No (194)
78.54%

Watched Threads