The Student Room Group

Data Science Bsc

Is anyone else planning to do a data science bsc? I couldn’t find much info on TSR on bsc data science.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just got an offer for Data Science from Bristol
Reply 2
I’m studying data science and analytics now at UoP
Hey! I am planning to do Data Science too :biggrin: Do you know if alot if people applied? Since generally most don't know what it is.

I got an offer from Exeter at AAA but am still waiting for Warwick LSE and Bath.
Reply 4
Original post by sarahyee
Hey! I am planning to do Data Science too :biggrin: Do you know if alot if people applied? Since generally most don't know what it is.

I got an offer from Exeter at AAA but am still waiting for Warwick LSE and Bath.

No idea how many people have applied. Many courses are new. I am also waiting for LSE. Got offer from Bristol and Bath -for the 4 yr course (1 year abroad).
Waiting on LSE, UCL and Durham (Maths & Stats).
Original post by Tally543
No idea how many people have applied. Many courses are new. I am also waiting for LSE. Got offer from Bristol and Bath -for the 4 yr course (1 year abroad).
Waiting on LSE, UCL and Durham (Maths & Stats).

what were your stats? I applied to Bath but they haven't responded for the 3yr Bsc Data Science course 😔 Really worried for LSE's response
Reply 6
what were your stats? I applied to Bath but they haven't responded for the 3yr Bsc Data Science course 😔 Really worried for LSE's response

Predicted grades A*, A*, A*, A. Maths, FMaths, Economics, Biology.
Predicted grades A*, A*, A*, A. Maths, FMaths, Economics, Biology.

oh that's great!! congrats on your offer too btw :biggrin:D!!
How about you. What are your stats? I live within 5 miles of Warwick Uni - thats why I didn't apply there.

I'm international, I definitrely prefer city life more than what I've heard from Warwick but I'm fine with either at this point 😭 My predicted grades are A*A*AA (Maths, Further Maths, Econs, Chem) and my IGCSEs are 9A*1A (Full sciences, Com Sci, Full Math, 3 Languages - if it helps) I applied Dec 22 and only recieved 1 offer from exeter for a 4 years Msc Data Science course (I chose by accident) but the other 3 year bscs courses have yet to reply. Time frame currently from application is 4 weeks.

LSE said they do like quantitative courses and a good PS, but personally I'm not sure how my PS ranks among the rest.
I'm planning to do Data Science, applied to Warwick, Bath, UCL, Exeter and Kent. So far I had offers from Exeter and Kent, still waiting :smile:
BBB for Kent
AAA for Exeter but if I put them as my firm choice I'm allowed to get one grade lower
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm international, I definitrely prefer city life more than what I've heard from Warwick but I'm fine with either at this point 😭 My predicted grades are A*A*AA (Maths, Further Maths, Econs, Chem) and my IGCSEs are 9A*1A (Full sciences, Com Sci, Full Math, 3 Languages - if it helps) I applied Dec 22 and only recieved 1 offer from exeter for a 4 years Msc Data Science course (I chose by accident) but the other 3 year bscs courses have yet to reply. Time frame currently from application is 4 weeks.

LSE said they do like quantitative courses and a good PS, but personally I'm not sure how my PS ranks among the rest.

OMG your predicted grades and IGCSEs are amazing 🤩
Original post by AlwaysLuna394
OMG your predicted grades and IGCSEs are amazing 🤩

Thanks!! :biggrin: but unfortunately for LSE and UCL I believe they rank PS quite highly in terms of offers, and frankly that's the scariest part 😭😭 Also congrats on your offers!!! 3 more to go for you and hopefully they're comign your way soon!!!!! :biggrin:
i applied for Data Science in LSE and UCL, still waiting for an answer though
Original post by meridiazleante
i applied for Data Science in LSE and UCL, still waiting for an answer though

UCL has a data Science course? I applied for Computer Science there, I wasn't aware there was a bsc data science :"0 (thought there was only masters)
UCL has a data Science course? I applied for Computer Science there, I wasn't aware there was a bsc data science :"0 (thought there was only masters)

Hi! yes, here's the link https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/degrees/data-science-bsc/ , i have a friend studying his first year there and he's very happy! I really hope i get an offer...
Original post by meridiazleante
Hi! yes, here's the link https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate/degrees/data-science-bsc/ , i have a friend studying his first year there and he's very happy! I really hope i get an offer...

Oh No... I couldn't find this beforehand... what should I do from here if I want them to consider me for this course? I applied for Computer Science there, and my PS states how I really wanna study data science - would they then reject me for computer science but offer me data science?
Oh No... I couldn't find this beforehand... what should I do from here if I want them to consider me for this course? I applied for Computer Science there, and my PS states how I really wanna study data science - would they then reject me for computer science but offer me data science?

I had the same problem but for me it was Kent. I applied for Math and Stats but found out later that they offer Data Science so I wrote to the university asking if I could change my course choice. Fortunately they offered me Data Science in the end. So I think you should contact UCL and hopefully they will allow you to change your course.
I had the same problem but for me it was Kent. I applied for Math and Stats but found out later that they offer Data Science so I wrote to the university asking if I could change my course choice. Fortunately they offered me Data Science in the end. So I think you should contact UCL and hopefully they will allow you to change your course.

Okay thank you so much for the reply!! I just emailed UCL for a course swap consideration. I don't know if this will affect my application chances.... I'm really worried

How long later after application submission did you email them? I'm currently at 4 weeks, is that too late?
How long later after application submission did you email them? I'm currently at 4 weeks, is that too late?

I emailed them one week after my application, they responded by giving me an offer for the course I wanted. So don't worry if the uni doesn't write back about it. I think it shouldn't be too late since the UCAS submission date was extended.

Quick Reply

Latest