?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
This is for physics and economics edexel
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I did both Physics and Economics A levels. I ended up getting A*A*A using the textbook and the A* was in Physics and A in Economics. I would highly recommend that you STEP AWAY FROM THE REVISION GUIDE AND USE THE TEXTBOOK!
Chaos126forever
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
(Original post by bored_user:))
I did both Physics and Economics A levels. I ended up getting A*A*A using the textbook and the A* was in Physics and A in Economics. I would highly recommend that you STEP AWAY FROM THE REVISION GUIDE AND USE THE TEXTBOOK!
Did you make notes from the textbook or is making notes from the textbook a waste of time?
Last edited by Chaos126forever; 4 months ago
username4793362
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If you use just revision guide. I promise you the most you will get is a C/D
username4793362
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I promise you, I can bet you £10,000
Chaos126forever
Rep:
?
(Original post by john87647)
If you use just revision guide. I promise you the most you will get is a C/D
I should be memorizing the textbook? Or making notes?
username4793362
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Chaos126forever)
I should be memorizing the textbook? Or making notes?
Do questions, don’t make notes at all, only if you really really need to. The secret is: do questions & as much as you can, trust me. You can know the revision guide back to front, eyes closed but if you don’t have exam technique you will get a C/D
username4793362
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
This is from experience as well
Ed H
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I used both the revision guide and textbook for A-level and got an A*. I always found the revision guide really helpful for the particles and quantum stuff. But would probably use the textbook about 70% of the time. Having both can be nice though as if one book does not explain something well you can check the other for an alternative explanation. I’m not sure about economics, but I don’t see why not using both would be a disadvantage.
Chaos126forever
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ed H)
I used both the revision guide and textbook for A-level and got an A*. I always found the revision guide really helpful for the particles and quantum stuff. But would probably use the textbook about 70% of the time. Having both can be nice though as if one book does not explain something well you can check the other for an alternative explanation. I’m not sure about economics, but I don’t see why not using both would be a disadvantage.
Did u make notes from the textbook or just read it?
zetasigma
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey guys I'm self-teaching A Level Physics with AQA and I've mainly just been using the CGP revision guide :eek: So I think I will start using the textbooks more then!

With the textbooks, did you answer every single question in there? The AQA textbooks feel confusing & long-winded to me.

(Original post by john87647)
Do questions, don’t make notes at all, only if you really really need to. The secret is: do questions & as much as you can, trust me. You can know the revision guide back to front, eyes closed but if you don’t have exam technique you will get a C/D
AHHHH taking notes saves me because then I can make a summary sheet at the end from all the different resources I look at, which when you're teaching yourself, you end up looking at ten different books, websites & yt vids
username4793362
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by zetasigma)
AHHHH taking notes saves me because then I can make a summary sheet at the end from all the different resources I look at, which when you're teaching yourself, you end up looking at ten different books, websites & yt vids
Yeah tbh, before the exam if I really really want to get all A’s I will make a cram sheet, basically a list of all the stuff I got wrong in past papers and literally force myself to remember it all, every single bit
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Chaos126forever)
Did you make notes from the textbook or is making notes from the textbook a waste of time?
Make notes for econ from your textbook. Thats what I did for an A! I wrote down around 50 pages of notes with neat diagrams and then I scanned those pages so I can read them on my phone! Dont type them out
(Original post by zetasigma)
Hey guys I'm self-teaching A Level Physics with AQA and I've mainly just been using the CGP revision guide :eek: So I think I will start using the textbooks more then!

With the textbooks, did you answer every single question in there? The AQA textbooks feel confusing & long-winded to me.

Answer EVERY single question!!
zetasigma
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Make notes for econ from your textbook. Thats what I did for an A! I wrote down around 50 pages of notes with neat diagrams and then I scanned those pages so I can read them on my phone! Dont type them out

Answer EVERY single question!!
'Aight then. I'll get going
Spoiler:
Show
:egg:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (393)
56.55%
I don't have everything I need (302)
43.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise