K3nzy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I haven't seen any forums about the April cohort for 2021 vet student, and given that joining is only a few months away I wanted to see if I could meet anyone else going on the course! So just drop a message on the thread of you're attending vet school at Nottingham in April! Manooka StrawberryDreams
Last edited by K3nzy; 4 months ago
FelixHans-Brown
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm starting in April 2021, haven't seen any groups for it until now. Can't wait to get talking to everyone.
flamingolover
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FelixHans-Brown)
I'm starting in April 2021, haven't seen any groups for it until now. Can't wait to get talking to everyone.
There’s a whatsapp GC I can add you do?
FelixHans-Brown
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by flamingolover)
There’s a whatsapp GC I can add you do?
Yeah sure that would be great.
Last edited by FelixHans-Brown; 1 month ago
flamingolover
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FelixHans-Brown)
Yeah sure that would be great.
I’ve just private messaged you!
Talving
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I’m starting the vet course in April as well! Would love to chat with you all
Last edited by Talving; 1 month ago
flamingolover
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Talving)
Hey! I’m starting the vet course in April as well! Would love to chat with you all
Hi, it's nice to find more people! I have just private messaged you!
RambleAmple
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I am not a Nottingham offer holder as I was unsuccessful last year and have reapplied and so far got an interview, but I was just wondering about the April cohort. I was wondering how the accommodation situation works? As in, do the September cohort have to move out in time for April cohort to start, or is there separate accommodation etc? I was also wondering what you do for September-April, can you start doing EMS placements then, before you have officially started at the uni? Do you have any work set etc, or is it entirely like a mini gap year?

Thank you in advance, I am simply curious as to how the April cohort works since it is obviously new and different and thought this would be a good place to ask
flamingolover
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RambleAmple)
Hi! I am not a Nottingham offer holder as I was unsuccessful last year and have reapplied and so far got an interview, but I was just wondering about the April cohort. I was wondering how the accommodation situation works? As in, do the September cohort have to move out in time for April cohort to start, or is there separate accommodation etc? I was also wondering what you do for September-April, can you start doing EMS placements then, before you have officially started at the uni? Do you have any work set etc, or is it entirely like a mini gap year?

Thank you in advance, I am simply curious as to how the April cohort works since it is obviously new and different and thought this would be a good place to ask
I haven’t started yet but I’m starting in April!

With regards to accomodation it seems that we are all housed with other April students. Our accomodation contracts in halls is 37 weeks which is shorter than September (44 weeks I think)

You can’t do EMS placements before you start as you have to be a registered student. I’ve been working but I had plans to work for the first half and then go travelling. And I was going to visit loads of friends at uni and stuff. Obviously with covid that hasn’t happened but you can view it as a mini gap year and just do a condensed version of what gap year students do or you could just relax a bit! It’s really up to you most people I’ve spoken to are working but it depends. No work has been set so it is just a mini gap year

Just ask if you have any other questions!
RambleAmple
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by flamingolover)
I haven’t started yet but I’m starting in April!

With regards to accomodation it seems that we are all housed with other April students. Our accomodation contracts in halls is 37 weeks which is shorter than September (44 weeks I think)

You can’t do EMS placements before you start as you have to be a registered student. I’ve been working but I had plans to work for the first half and then go travelling. And I was going to visit loads of friends at uni and stuff. Obviously with covid that hasn’t happened but you can view it as a mini gap year and just do a condensed version of what gap year students do or you could just relax a bit! It’s really up to you most people I’ve spoken to are working but it depends. No work has been set so it is just a mini gap year

Just ask if you have any other questions!
Thank you so much! I’m already on a gap year right now since I’m reapplying and do not need to resit anything but I was just curious on how exactly the April cohort works since it’s quite new. Thanks again!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
14.71%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
17.65%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (31)
45.59%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (12)
17.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads