The Student Room Group

Can information about China's Covid-19 data be trusted?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
Documented evidence of a consistent story over many many years prior to the events in question > anecdotal evidence only mentioned when it suits your argument.

Whether you like it or not, the fact that I have proof of my story from before we were arguing, yet you only have words spoken afterwards, makes one side more believable.

---

To the actual substance, see my post to the other member above. How would China possibly keep this secret? With so many international connections, how could they ever stop all of the people from communicating? All it would take is one foreign worker, taking a few pictures on their phone, and then after flying back to their home country, giving to the press.. and there is your proof. Huge news story, plenty of cash for the worker, front page of every news paper tomorrow.

Yet it hasn't happened. So many millions of migrants, so many foreign journalists all over China, so many Chinese living abroad with family back in China (real family mind you...) who could expose it, and it hasn't happened?

China is a big place, but its more connected then ever. China can keep secrets, but a pandemic? No. I was in China when the pandemic started, no one can keep that a secret, it took over everyone lives, cities locked down, hospitals overwhelmed, appartment blocks closed off, people only allowed out once a day, everything shut etc. How could they hide that from millions? and how could they stop every one from proving anything to an outside source?

I don't expect you to believe the next bit, and that's fair enough, this is actually just anecdotal and there is no evidence to back this up - but I was in a Convid area of a Chinese hospital a little while ago. During my quarentine after arriving I needed extra tests. It was, thankfully for me, empty.

Where is this 'documented evidence' for starters? And I'm guessing you believe that the China data on their number of Corona cases are legit right, as you are claiming that China can keep secrets. Then please explain to me how there are plenty of credible sources that have literally disputed your claim that China haven't hidden the effects of the pandemic, or they don't matter because they dispute your 'correct views' :wink:
Let's all rein in the hyperbole folks...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending