new car for first time drivers!

Watch
jennaq
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AH-64 APACHE)
true, but the fact is a turbo car will never last as long as a NA one, regardless of material quality. It also comes down to how the car is meant to be driven, spank the NA 1L off a rev limiter all day and it won't give a crap, give it bad fuel and bad oil and the effect is negligable, you just can't do those things with a turbo. They don't just go "bang" for no reason, it certianly isn't easy to ruin one accidently but that's just how it is.
That’s true, though I doubt OP has much to worry about regarding this since it is a first car and probably won’t be kept for the whole lifespan of the car.
1L turbos seem like a sweet spot for getting the power you need to overtake and feel more comfortable on the road whilst also keeping insurance and fuel costs down :rolleyes:
AH-64 APACHE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jennaq)
That’s true, though I doubt OP has much to worry about regarding this since it is a first car and probably won’t be kept for the whole lifespan of the car.
1L turbos seem like a sweet spot for getting the power you need to overtake and feel more comfortable on the road whilst also keeping insurance and fuel costs down :rolleyes:
certainly, a 90-150hp turbo 1 liter will give good economy and power without having any problem. The 90hp turbo'ed up is what they'ed want if they go for an up, but the 60 and 75 NA's have their advantages too, power defeceit aside
Last edited by AH-64 APACHE; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (63)
21.58%
No (229)
78.42%

Watched Threads