strawberryleaves
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi, I'm teaching myself a-levels. I need help understanding what I need to know for year twelve.

I'm getting this book (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/00075974...740111_TE_item) I understand that 1) Education and 2) Sociological Research Methods are compulsory. However, the four other topics, I believe you only have to learn one right? So if I learnt 1) and 2), then one of the topics, such as Health, would that be all the content I need for Year 12? Then next year, new book.

Just struggling to understand what I need to learn so anybody taking this course, please can you help.

AQA says compulsory content is:
3.1.1 Education
3.1.2 Methods in Context
3.2.1 Research Methods

But that doesn't make any sense when I look at the book, cause the chapters are named differently and stuff. I'm pretty sure I'm right in that 1) and 2) are the compulsory ones then I only need to learn one of the other four chapters, but I want to be super sure.

Help?

(And also if anyone has a scheme of work available or a teacher timetable, I'd be rly grateful for the link)

Thank you
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
for topics in sociology you do one from section A and one from section B
strawberryleaves
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Libbyc16)
for topics in sociology you do one from section A and one from section B
Okay so from the book link I included, what do I need to learn for year 12? So confused lol I'm going by the AQA spec. I need to get a different book next year for year 13 as the one attached is just for year 1.
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by strawberryleaves)
Okay so from the book link I included, what do I need to learn for year 12? So confused lol I'm going by the AQA spec. I need to get a different book next year for year 13 as the one attached is just for year 1.
cgp do a sociology book that has the full content in (covers year 12&13 work).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (28)
27.18%
No (75)
72.82%

Watched Threads