GPA classification-University of Glasgow-is 17.1 GPA a 65%?

Watch
anika_sohail2204
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hi, so ive just graduate with a honours law degree achieving a upper second class of the division i, and a GPA of 17.1.

I want to apply for postgraduate courses in England which have requirements of a "strong" upper second class being 65% or above.

does anyone know whether 17.1 GPA classifies as 65%? I'm so confused and have no idea how to work it out.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anika_sohail2204)
hi, so ive just graduate with a honours law degree achieving a upper second class of the division i, and a GPA of 17.1.

I want to apply for postgraduate courses in England which have requirements of a "strong" upper second class being 65% or above.

does anyone know whether 17.1 GPA classifies as 65%? I'm so confused and have no idea how to work it out.
It's not clear, is the 17.1 GPA a Glasgow score, or are you hoping to apply to Glasgow? If Glasgow, do they not have any online advice about how to convert the grade?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anika_sohail2204)

Page 8 and 9 of this seem to suggest its 67-69% https://www.gla.ac.uk/media/Media_124293_smxx.pdf
Hard to see how they could have made it more complicated though!
anika_sohail2204
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
It's not clear, is the 17.1 GPA a Glasgow score, or are you hoping to apply to Glasgow? If Glasgow, do they not have any online advice about how to convert the grade?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Page 8 and 9 of this seem to suggest its 67-69% https://www.gla.ac.uk/media/Media_124293_smxx.pdf
Hard to see how they could have made it more complicated though!
So I've graduated from Glasgow with a 17.1, sorry for the confusion! that is the document I've been referring to but was not entirely sure. I have emailed one of the professors and hopefully they will confirm. But it does seem to be a high 2.1, as the GPA I got actually falls within the discretion of the board of examiners; so they could have given me a first if they wanted :'(
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (88)
21.62%
No (319)
78.38%

Watched Threads