04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by BettyLovesDrama)
Hi,

Got a few questions about PGCE.

Is your social media monitored? So, I have a few bikini pictures and post about BLM etc. Would this be an issue? As a few people have said I'll have to go private, but I wouldn't want to.

Second, What do you have to wear to teach in colleges? Would Jumpsuits/ Jeans / Tops be okay?

Third, I am working on Mondays until mid-October, would this affect my placement? I know I'm in Uni on Tuesday and Wednesday, but can't cancel work as it's pre-arranged.

Any help is ace. Thanks.
What job is it for the Mondays? It's pretty likely you're on placement on Mondays, and you aren't going to get any flexibility from the uni there I suspect.

I'd seriously recommend going private on social media. You can post whatever you like if on private.

Dress code depends on each institution - I'm not sure what the rules would be for a post-16 college as I haven't had any experience with them.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's paid work - which has been pre-agreed. I can't not do it as need the money.
And does it matter if social media is public? I'm an artist as well, so have to use social media to market myself.

thanks
Then to me I think this needs to be addressed with your course provider ASAP, you doing a PGCE has also been pre-agreed.

Private is always recommended but plenty of teachers I know do have public profiles - if it's all artistic content then there shouldn't really be any bother though.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's paid work - which has been pre-agreed. I can't not do it as need the money.
And does it matter if social media is public? I'm an artist as well, so have to use social media to market myself.

thanks
Have a separate account for your work and a private account for your personal stuff.

Why did you agree to work before finding when your placement might be? Your placement needs will come first ..

Have you got any smarter clothes? What are you teaching? At the colleges I know, jeans are not allowed for staff or students.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I agreed to work as I lost out on work because of COVID. I can't afford food, gas or electricity. Plus there's bills to pay. Plus I'm still waiting for my placement to confirm details, so when I speak to them will let them know about this.
I have like blouses or jumpers, jumpsuits etc.
And my account is all professional work, throwbacks and cat pics
Your placement may not be able to work around it - depends when the classes they want you to take have lessons ...

You said you had beach pics - review what is on there and delete - I'm sure you won't want students passing those around

You may find you need smart trousers ... ask for the dress-code as it's better to be more formal than too casual
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (61)
21.11%
No (228)
78.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise