The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Official University of Southampton 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I've just got an offer for Physics with Mathematics (4 years)! The offer is contingent on my receiving '34 points overall with 18 at Higher Level including 6 in Mathematics and 6 in Physics both at Higher Level'. :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by desto
The CTMUA/TMUA took place 5th of November, and results haven't been released yet so they don't know how well or badly he/she performed.

It doesn't matter, the university would have made a form of contingent offer within Track. They have not, ergo their offer is iron-clad.
Original post by VinS2003
Hey! Even I am planning to apply to a Computer Science course at Southampton! Do keep me updated whether you recieve an offer!

Hey!!! I got an offer at around 4pm!!! Let me know if u got one too!!!!
Original post by Stephen Mark
It doesn't matter, the university would have made a form of contingent offer within Track. They have not, ergo their offer is iron-clad.

It's all sorted now. Southampton changed my requirements on Track to include both their original offer as well as the reduced offer requirements. Hopefully I did well enough in the CTMUA to get it reduced!

Original post by Dehydratedwhale
Hey!!! I got an offer at around 4pm!!! Let me know if u got one too!!!!

Hey! I got an offer for Maths and Compsci BSc. I think they're starting to give out compsci offers or are in the process.
Original post by Akhil Maram
Hey! I got an offer for Maths and Compsci BSc. I think they're starting to give out compsci offers or are in the process.

Yuppp!!! I think so too! I’m really happy I got a place I’ll be forming soton asap!!! Congratulations man!!!
Original post by Dehydratedwhale
Yuppp!!! I think so too! I’m really happy I got a place I’ll be forming soton asap!!! Congratulations man!!!

Thxs! You too!
Reply 86
Im applying for Aeronautics and Astronautics with a foundation year. Im currently studying engineering at a level 3 BTEC extended diploma (which is why im also doing a foundation year)
Original post by thatcollegegirl
I'm applying for this course too

Hello,
I'm applying for straight History but I did like the look of that course, just thought that it would limit my ability to look at earlier history like some late medieval stuff.
Hope your offer comes through soon!
Reply 88
Hey, I received an invite to interview for Natural Sciences a few days ago. Does anyone know what to expect?
Hey guys, Applied for medicine

GCSE : 986666544 (bad school)

ALEVELS - A*AA (Biology, Chemistry & Maths)
Original post by matty_draps
Hello,
I'm applying for straight History but I did like the look of that course, just thought that it would limit my ability to look at earlier history like some late medieval stuff.
Hope your offer comes through soon!

I've changed mine so it's straight history. The modules look very good.
I've changed mine so it's straight history. The modules look very good.

Nice! Where else are you applying?
Nice! Where else are you applying?

I've gotten offers from Bristol, Chichester, Winchester and Southampton. I'm still waiting on Sussex.
I've gotten offers from Bristol, Chichester, Winchester and Southampton. I'm still waiting on Sussex.

Ah cool, I'm looking at Sussex as well, I only have one offer from York at the moment though
Ah cool, I'm looking at Sussex as well, I only have one offer from York at the moment though

What do you currently take at A Level?
What do you currently take at A Level?

History, English, and Politics
You?
History, English, and Politics
You?

History, Politics & Applied Law. Also, an EPQ which can be fun (or frightening) at times.
anyone doing psychology with law?
Original post by Akhil Maram
It's all sorted now. Southampton changed my requirements on Track to include both their original offer as well as the reduced offer requirements. Hopefully I did well enough in the CTMUA to get it reduced!

Congratulations on the offer. Could you tell me if you had an interview for this course or was it just based on you application? If you had one, how was it?
Original post by Anonymous
Congratulations on the offer. Could you tell me if you had an interview for this course or was it just based on you application? If you had one, how was it?

Thanks! They just solely based it on my application and they responded a month after I applied. There are requirements that could also help with reducing the offer by a grade but I have to wait until the end of this month to find out if I'm eligible for that offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending