Seretonin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I start my nursing degree in January and I haven't revised anything since March. I did a level biology but haven't looked at the content since march.
Should I buy an anatomy and physiology and revise that ( making flashcards and notes) or should I just go back and revise all of my a level biology (threw all notes away) - the plant parts.
Tracey_W
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Seretonin)
I start my nursing degree in January and I haven't revised anything since March. I did a level biology but haven't looked at the content since march.
Should I buy an anatomy and physiology and revise that ( making flashcards and notes) or should I just go back and revise all of my a level biology (threw all notes away) - the plant parts.
If you threw out all your notes on this then perhaps you should buy the anatomy & physiology book of the human body ( latest version if possible ok ) as it will do you throughout your 3 years or so at university & placement.
Or try borrowing this from any library okay if its available from them .
Good luck with things as a nurse ok.
Seretonin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tracey_W)
If you threw out all your notes on this then perhaps you should buy the anatomy & physiology book of the human body ( latest version if possible ok ) as it will do you throughout your 3 years or so at university & placement.
Or try borrowing this from any library okay if its available from them .
Good luck with things as a nurse ok.
Thank you. I might get the Ross and wilson anatomy and physiology as everyone recommends that.
Tracey_W
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thank you. I might get the Ross and wilson anatomy and physiology as everyone recommends that.
Yes that's supposed to be best book in that version like but most of the others anatomy & pyshiology books would do as well but the Ross & Wilson one get a good name ok.

No worries and hope you don't throw anymore notes away ok.
Seretonin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Yes that's supposed to be best book in that version like but most of the others anatomy & pyshiology books would do as well but the Ross & Wilson one get a good name ok.

No worries and hope you don't throw anymore notes away ok.
I threw them away because they weren't that useful or concise and I never looked back on them. I'm hoping to take better notes in nursing.
Tracey_W
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I threw them away because they weren't that useful or concise and I never looked back on them. I'm hoping to take better notes in nursing.
Oh well I supposed you thought they were not any use .

Sometimes you better actually moving forward and not going over old notes as things may have changed since you wrote them ok.
That's why they update books every 18/24 months for as things changes in nursing especially technology and equipment.
I can't help you on adult nursing as I did midwifing but similar to things anyway.
If I can be useful to you then PM me with questions and I see what I can do ok.
Emily_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Don't worry too much, everything you need to know should be covered in lectures and directed reading anyway. But then again, something like the Ross & Wilson is always good
Seretonin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily_B)
Don't worry too much, everything you need to know should be covered in lectures and directed reading anyway. But then again, something like the Ross & Wilson is always good
Thank you I just have 4 months off with nothing to do so I was wondering which was the best way to prepare for the anatomy and physiology aspect of nursing?
Emily_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thank you I just have 4 months off with nothing to do so I was wondering which was the best way to prepare for the anatomy and physiology aspect of nursing?
Well I got a copy of the Ross & Wilson before I started my nursing degree. Uni then gave us all a copy of the Tortorra & Derrickson, where all the guided study worked from that... if you want to get ahead, just using one of those textbooks and any resources that come with it would be beneficial, you're likely to start with the basics like the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (60)
29.27%
No (145)
70.73%

Watched Threads