The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

Official St George's University 2021 applicant thread

Hi everybody :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to St George's, University of London for 2021! If you have any questions, pop them here and all of the uni reps will do our best to answer as soon as we can.

In this thread, you can also meet and chat to other people applying here. Get to know them as they might be your future classmates! It's also lovely to have the support that these threads give, and often people will put when they have news, so you can know who's where in the application process.

Here are some ice breaker questions to get you talking:

What course are you applying for and why?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Guide me for the selection of course
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London
Reply 2
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to St George's University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?

Hi everyone!
i want to study at SGUL in Sept 2021 and study Paramedic science, my a levels are Law, Geography and English Language.
Hey! I want to study physiotherapy in 2021 and am currently studying maths, biology and geography for my A levels! :smile: :smile:
Hi all!

My name is Lauren and I'm one of the uni reps on this account - we're here to help you if you have any questions about George's so please do let us know if you want to ask anything/need any information :smile:

Best Wishes,
Lauren
3rd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
Thanks for sharing
Reply 6
Hi guys, if I apply for the medicine course at SGUL and if I got an interview and got rejected and I also applied for the biomedical course too would that affect me getting into the biomed course.
Thanks!
Original post by AA -_-
Hi guys, if I apply for the medicine course at SGUL and if I got an interview and got rejected and I also applied for the biomedical course too would that affect me getting into the biomed course.
Thanks!

Hi there @AA -_-

Absolutely not! The biomedical science course doesn't use an interview for it's assessment process, so being unsuccessful at interview for Medicine wouldn't affect your chance of being offered Biomedical Sciences.

Hope that helps!
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep
Reply 8
Original post by St George's, University of London
Hi there @AA -_-

Absolutely not! The biomedical science course doesn't use an interview for it's assessment process, so being unsuccessful at interview for Medicine wouldn't affect your chance of being offered Biomedical Sciences.

Hope that helps!
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep

Thank you!
Hello,
I am worried about only having five subjects at gcse..
The subjects I have are (English, bio, chem, physics and maths) all at grade 9. The A levels I have are bio, chem and maths at grade A.
Is that enough for medicine?
Original post by hellolily
Hello,
I am worried about only having five subjects at gcse..
The subjects I have are (English, bio, chem, physics and maths) all at grade 9. The A levels I have are bio, chem and maths at grade A.
Is that enough for medicine?

Hey!

So I don't know about other universities but St. George's only need 5 GCSEs all at grade 6 and above to be offered an interview (alongside A level and UKCAT grades being met). I would have a look at other med schools who have a similar requirement too to fill up your choices.

I hope that helps!

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year MBBS
Official Uni Rep St. George's
Hi!
I’ve applied for Paramedic Science, currently studying Chemistry, Biology and Sport.
Hello! i applied in mid october and have not heard anything from the uni yet, should I be worried?
Original post by hopefulstudentxo
Hello! i applied in mid october and have not heard anything from the uni yet, should I be worried?

Hey! I know I replied on another thread but wanted to also reply here so others reading the threads can see it. As far as I know, they're still giving out offers. You not hearing yet doesn't mean you won't get an offer - the only bad news is a rejection. For as long as you don't hear, there's still plenty of hope to get an offer, and don't lose that hope til you get a decision of some kind!

Best wishes,
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep
Original post by St George's, University of London
Hi everybody :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to St George's, University of London for 2021! If you have any questions, pop them here and all of the uni reps will do our best to answer as soon as we can.

In this thread, you can also meet and chat to other people applying here. Get to know them as they might be your future classmates! It's also lovely to have the support that these threads give, and often people will put when they have news, so you can know who's where in the application process.

Here are some ice breaker questions to get you talking:

What course are you applying for and why?

Hi, I am looking to study Therapeutic Radiography with you guys, and was wondering if there is any online open days or online tours of St. Georges. I have looked but haven't managed to find any, so thought it would be a good idea to message on here!
Just hoping to get a feel for the area and university :smile:

Looking forward to your reply,
best wishes,

Lily
Reply 15
I found an online recording on SGUL website about both Rad T and Rad D presented by the course leaders with 2 students _ was about an hour or so - would recommend
Anyone applied for biomed and heard back??
Original post by Tangomed
Anyone applied for biomed and heard back??

not yet
Mature student here! I applied for Biomed and I am a total nervous wreck now😩
Original post by Àníké
Mature student here! I applied for Biomed and I am a total nervous wreck now😩

when did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest