Official Staffordshire University 2021 applicant thread

Watch
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Staffordshire University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

Also, if you have any questions about studying at Staffs, please give us a shout on this thread and we'll get back to you asap

Thanks
Last edited by Staffordshire University; 10 months ago
sophcaitxo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey im Sophie, 18 and from Wolverhampton for 2021 entry

Course : Im applying for BSc Professional Policing

Current subjects : Im doing my second year of A level History, BTEC Applied Law & my first year of Criminology, with a previous year of A level Maths.

It’d be nice to meet others applying for this course or university!!
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi
Good luck with your application and thanks for posting. Mature students always bring a really good mix to university life (I was one myself!).
If you need any help, just ask.
Best wishes, Shaun
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by sophcaitxo)

Current subjects : Im doing my second year of A level History, BTEC Applied Law & my first year of Criminology, with a previous year of A level Maths.

Nice to meet you sophcaitxo

Please give us a shout if you have any questions about your application or if we can help at all

Thanks

Amy
Vanessa03
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by sophcaitxo)

Lol I’m late but hi I’m Vanessa, 18 from London. I got into Staffordshire university for 2021.
I’ve applied to do psychology with a placement year so it’ll be nice to meet some people before next year too xx
Kelsoz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey, I'm Kelsey. I'm 19 years old and I'm from Stoke-on-Trent so Staffordshire University is my closest uni.

Course: Concept art for games and film - with the foundation year
I have already applied through UCAS and got a unconditional offer, which I have accepted.

Subject: I completed my UAL Level 3 Diploma In Creative Media Production and Technology this year, receiving a Merit. I was going to do the second year at college for the extended diploma, but I decided not to due to getting bullied by some people. - So a new start! Also because I do have a big passion with art and games so I want to press forward now.

I did do games art foundation this year at staffs, but I quickly dropped out because I felt that a break for a year, and fully going into depth to decide what I actually want to do. Also being in education for years can be very draining without having a break.
Anonymous #1
Report 7 months ago
Hi! Im also going for the concept art for games and film (hopefully!) At the moment I’m studying games, VR and VFX nice to meet u!

(Original post by Kelsoz)
Hey, I'm Kelsey. I'm 19 years old and I'm from Stoke-on-Trent so Staffordshire University is my closest uni.

Course: Concept art for games and film - with the foundation year
I have already applied through UCAS and got a unconditional offer, which I have accepted.

Subject: I completed my UAL Level 3 Diploma In Creative Media Production and Technology this year, receiving a Merit. I was going to do the second year at college for the extended diploma, but I decided not to due to getting bullied by some people. - So a new start! Also because I do have a big passion with art and games so I want to press forward now.

I did do games art foundation this year at staffs, but I quickly dropped out because I felt that a break for a year, and fully going into depth to decide what I actually want to do. Also being in education for years can be very draining without having a break.
Kelsoz
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! Im also going for the concept art for games and film (hopefully!) At the moment I’m studying games, VR and VFX nice to meet u!
Very exciting!
Vanessa03
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Staffordshire University)

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Staffordshire University for 2021!

Also, if you have any questions about studying at Staffs, please give us a shout on this thread and we'll get back to you asap

Thanks
Hiya I’m planning on doing psychology with a placement year and just wanted to ask:
Honestly what’s the overall teaching experience like?
Do you help find relevant placements for your students?
Do you help support for finding relevant placements?
Thank you
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Vanessa03)
Hiya I’m planning on doing psychology with a placement year and just wanted to ask:
Honestly what’s the overall teaching experience like?
Do you help find relevant placements for your students?
Do you help support for finding relevant placements?
Thank you
Hi Vanessa03

It's great to hear you're considering joining us in Sept

Regards your questions, if you don't get any response on here, it might be worth jumping onto our UniBuddy platform - http://www.staffs.ac.uk/student-life/chat-to-a-student - I know we definitely have some Psychology students on there who should be able to help and talk to you directly about their own experience.

I recently interviewed a Psychology with a Placement year student and she mentioned that the Psychology staff do help students find placements - and she told me how beneficial she's finding her placement, even though she's only a few months in.

Hopefully the video above helps

Thanks and good luck!

Amy
Vanessa03
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi Vanessa03

It's great to hear you're considering joining us in Sept

Regards your questions, if you don't get any response on here, it might be worth jumping onto our UniBuddy platform - http://www.staffs.ac.uk/student-life/chat-to-a-student - I know we definitely have some Psychology students on there who should be able to help and talk to you directly about their own experience.

I recently interviewed a Psychology with a Placement year student and she mentioned that the Psychology staff do help students find placements - and she told me how beneficial she's finding her placement, even though she's only a few months in.

Hopefully the video above helps

Thanks and good luck!

Amy
Thank you so much. I’ll be sure to watch the video too!
steph.hannibal
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi guys, just had my virtual interview for adult Nursing starting 2021! Super nervous, how long usually till you find out if you're successful? My names Steph, im 30 and live near Shrewsbury
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
Hi everyone, I have been offered a conditional offer to study paramedic science at Staffordshire university 2021 September
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone, I have been offered a conditional offer to study paramedic science at Staffordshire university 2021 September
Fantastic news! We look forward to you starting with us in September
habeexah
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

Thanks
Hi im Habeebah. Currently 17.
I've applied for Paramedic science 2021

Current subject: Btec applied science
I have an online interview next month. A little nervous but excited. XD
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
(Original post by habeexah)
Hi im Habeebah. Currently 17.
I've applied for Paramedic science 2021

Current subject: Btec applied science
I have an online interview next month. A little nervous but excited. XD
Hi Habeebah,
Good luck with your interview. A little nervousness and excitement is very normal. I'm sure you'll do great!
Best wishes, Shaun
Ems782
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi I'm Emily I'm 38 I've applied for the paramedic science September start 2021. Had my interview yesterday was told I would hear by yesterday evening latest being today. Havent heard anything so now I'm in complete turmoil. Feeling like I belong on the reject list now. 😩. I'm a mum of 7 and worked my bum off to get to this level and feeling super deflated. Am at a loss as to what to do. I know they say it takes time but why say I would have a decision yesterday latest today if this were the case 😕. Sorry for being all morbid lol. I needed to just vent abit. Well done all those who have offers and good luck to all those waiting. I will get their eventually I'm sure 😁😁 xx
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ems782)
Hi I'm Emily I'm 38 I've applied for the paramedic science September start 2021. Had my interview yesterday was told I would hear by yesterday evening latest being today. Havent heard anything so now I'm in complete turmoil. Feeling like I belong on the reject list now. 😩. I'm a mum of 7 and worked my bum off to get to this level and feeling super deflated. Am at a loss as to what to do. I know they say it takes time but why say I would have a decision yesterday latest today if this were the case 😕. Sorry for being all morbid lol. I needed to just vent abit. Well done all those who have offers and good luck to all those waiting. I will get their eventually I'm sure 😁😁 xx
Hi Ems782

I'm so sorry that you haven't heard back yet. I can completely understand why you're so anxious - it's such big news. And I know how annoying it is when you're told you'll hear something by a certain date and you don't.

If you can DM me your details, I can pass this onto our Admissions team to see what's going on, hopefully asap.

Sorry again and good luck!

Amy
Ems782
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi Ems782

I'm so sorry that you haven't heard back yet. I can completely understand why you're so anxious - it's such big news. And I know how annoying it is when you're told you'll hear something by a certain date and you don't.

If you can DM me your details, I can pass this onto our Admissions team to see what's going on, hopefully asap.

Sorry again and good luck!

Amy
Hi I'm still trying to work this out 🤦*♀️ do I dm through messages at the top
Staffordshire University
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ems782)
Hi I'm still trying to work this out 🤦*♀️ do I dm through messages at the top
Hey Ems782

Don't worry - you did it correctly! I've just replied

Thanks

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.14%
Uncertainty around my education (37)
10.82%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (39)
11.4%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
13.74%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
4.97%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (15)
4.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (36)
10.53%
Financial worries (24)
7.02%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.39%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.14%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (10)
2.92%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (35)
10.23%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.31%

Watched Threads