Nkelly103
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I am in year 14 and in the process of choosing universities for our UCAS applications. I want to study maths at university and have been looking at university rankings namely the complete university guide, the guardian and some world uni rankings. The ones that seem to be the best (apart from Oxbridge and London unis) are Warwick, Edinburgh and Durham. I am mainly considering Edinburgh and Warwick however there seems to be conflicting opinions particularly on how good Edinburgh is. My question is if Edinburgh is a top university for maths (CUG ranks it 7 and Guardian ranks it 10) and are there any that I am missing out.
zetamcfc
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Nkelly103)
I am in year 14 and in the process of choosing universities for our UCAS applications. I want to study maths at university and have been looking at university rankings namely the complete university guide, the guardian and some world uni rankings. The ones that seem to be the best (apart from Oxbridge and London unis) are Warwick, Edinburgh and Durham. I am mainly considering Edinburgh and Warwick however there seems to be conflicting opinions particularly on how good Edinburgh is. My question is if Edinburgh is a top university for maths (CUG ranks it 7 and Guardian ranks it 10) and are there any that I am missing out.
Why are you looking at rankings rather than what each university offers? Rankings are simply a racket. Choosing a university based off rankings seems folly. What do you mean by top? Have a look at what Edinburgh offers http://www.drps.ed.ac.uk/20-21/dpt/cx_sb_math.htm and do some thinking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (23)
27.06%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (9)
10.59%
No I am happy with my choice (48)
56.47%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (5)
5.88%

Watched Threads