Official Swansea University 2021 applicant thread

Watch
Swansea University Enquiries
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Swansea University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?
Have you visited Swansea before?
Last edited by Swansea University Enquiries; 1 month ago
jemmas123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I'm Jemma I study maths, physics and chemistry at A level and am thinking of applying to Swansea for chem eng.If you put Swansea as your second choice, is it likely you'll be able to get Bay campus accommodation if you decide not to go to your firm on results day? I'm really between Swansea and Bath and since Bath has the higher grade requirement I'll put it as my firm if I get an offer but I don't want to be stuck for accommodation if I want to go to Swansea
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jemmas123)
Hi I'm Jemma I study maths, physics and chemistry at A level and am thinking of applying to Swansea for chem eng.If you put Swansea as your second choice, is it likely you'll be able to get Bay campus accommodation if you decide not to go to your firm on results day? I'm really between Swansea and Bath and since Bath has the higher grade requirement I'll put it as my firm if I get an offer but I don't want to be stuck for accommodation if I want to go to Swansea
Hi jemmas123

Great question! as I'm sure you can imagine this will vary annually depending on demand for the accommodation. I've reached out to my colleagues in the accommodation team to see if they can offer some more information, and I'll get back to you as soon as I know more!

- Mia, enquiries assistant
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi jemmas123

I've heard back from my colleagues in accommodation, and their advice is the sooner you can make an accommodation application the better. When you make an application you're able to select 8 properties and you can rank these in order of your preference, which the accommodation team do their best to honour! Unfortunately it's difficult to say the likelihood of you receiving Bay Campus on results day as it's not possible to predict the demand for the accommodation.

Information on how to apply for accommodation is available here which I hope you'll find useful

- Mia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (101)
13.32%
I'm not sure (32)
4.22%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (236)
31.13%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.37%
I'm not a current university student (371)
48.94%

Watched Threads