Official Ulster University 2021 applicant thread

Watch
Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Ulster University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
Tob!as
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Last edited by Tob!as; 8 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Ulster, but I know how many people apply here, so do you think it is likely I will not be accepted, given I don't have 3 A-Levels?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.

Thank you!!
Carabeth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi!I’m applying to do Music in Magee, right now i’m at sixth form studying Music, Business and ICT and i’m Predicted AAC Anyone else applying for music?
weelolo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey! I have already applied for the Financial technology HLA program which is a part time course, I'm doing maths, professional business services and level 3 ICT. Does anyone know the process for part time courses and how I will hear back? I have had to apply directly to the Ulster University website
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
hey. I'm applying for events management and I am currently studying photography, media studies and ICT
Kyungsooisbae
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
HI,
I've applied to Ulster (Magee) to do their new graduate entry medicine course.
I am currently doing my 3rd year in applied medical sciences at Swansea uni. But I did my A levels(2018) in Chemistry, Biology and Physics; ABC respectively.
niamhcrooks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey I’ve applied to do Speech and Language Therapy as my first choice in UU but have applied for English and Language and Linguistics with Counselling Studies here also. Currently doing A-Level Psychology, Sociology, and English Literature, I’m so excited to get my HPAT test done and hopefully head to do SLT!!
jedgnb41
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi, Applied to do Radiography but worried about HPAT. 🤢
Anonymous #3
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Kyungsooisbae)
HI,
I've applied to Ulster (Magee) to do their new graduate entry medicine course.
I am currently doing my 3rd year in applied medical sciences at Swansea uni. But I did my A levels(2018) in Chemistry, Biology and Physics; ABC respectively.
Hi! I'm looking into this aswell. Have you registered for GAMSAT?
niamhcrooks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by jedgnb41)
Hi, Applied to do Radiography but worried about HPAT. 🤢
HPAT is freaking me out a little too as we can’t go and sit it physically!! I suppose the best way to think is everyone’s in the same boat, we’ve not done it before etc etc. Good luck with it!
jedgnb41
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What is GAMSAT? I have been using an online program with tests but not sure if they are completely right for practice though.
jedgnb41
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by niamhcrooks)
HPAT is freaking me out a little too as we can’t go and sit it physically!! I suppose the best way to think is everyone’s in the same boat, we’ve not done it before etc etc. Good luck with it!
Good luck to you as well. Another few weeks and hopefully that's it 🙂
Kyungsooisbae
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I already did my GAMSAT in September 2020, which is why I applied by the first deadline. I have my interview coming up in Feb! happy to answer any GAMSAT q's people might have !!
Anonymous #3
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Kyungsooisbae)
I already did my GAMSAT in September 2020, which is why I applied by the first deadline. I have my interview coming up in Feb! happy to answer any GAMSAT q's people might have !!
Oh that's great! Congrats!
Can we pm to to discuss further about gamsat etc?
Kyungsooisbae
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Oh that's great! Congrats!
Can we pm to to discuss further about gamsat etc?
Yeah no problem
conor_c21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey everyone. I've applied to do Biomedical Science at Coleraine and I've been given a conditional offer for it. Is anyone else thinking of doing this course?
username5601576
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by conor_c21)
Hey everyone. I've applied to do Biomedical Science at Coleraine and I've been given a conditional offer for it. Is anyone else thinking of doing this course?
i’ve applied too but i haven’t heard anything yet, how long did they take to get back to you?
conor_c21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by anonymous_______)
i’ve applied too but i haven’t heard anything yet, how long did they take to get back to you?
They were fairly quick at getting back to me. I applied on the 4th and I got an offer through on the 7th.
username5601576
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by conor_c21)
They were fairly quick at getting back to me. I applied on the 4th and I got an offer through on the 7th.
congrats, i applied on the 15th so hopefully i’ll get one soon enough
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (15)
14.56%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.77%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.83%
I need help with my personal statement (42)
40.78%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (25)
24.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.94%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (5)
4.85%

Watched Threads