USA Year Abroad at Uni not on exchange list

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I haven't started uni yet, starting in a couple of weeks. I'm going to the University of Nottingham and going to be studying Chemistry /Biochemistry. The thing is I want to do a study year abroad but the Universities that I'm interested in aren't on Nottingham's exchange partner list. Can I liaise with the university to make it happen or is this unlikely?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I haven't started uni yet, starting in a couple of weeks. I'm going to the University of Nottingham and going to be studying Chemistry /Biochemistry. The thing is I want to do a study year abroad but the Universities that I'm interested in aren't on Nottingham's exchange partner list. Can I liaise with the university to make it happen or is this unlikely?
Normally they have an exchange agreement. If you can get a uni in the US to take you, then you can ask Nottingham if they will consider that or alternatively suspend studies for a year. Alternatively go to a uni that has your target on the exchange list.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (47)
23.04%
No (157)
76.96%

Watched Threads