The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am applying for Film production and scriptwriting

I am studying English Language, Media Studies and Sociology. I currently live in England so it will be a massive change if I go here :smile:
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Gosh there’s literally no one applying for UWS
Or they just haven't posted here? :rolleyes:
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of the West of Scotland for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

I’ve applied to study Biomedical Science,
I’m currently studying Biology, Psychology and Economics at A-Level
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of the West of Scotland for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Im currently applying for Business technology and Web & Mobile Development as an independent student as i want to transfer universities and degrees
Original post by Meggatesss

I applied to Biomedical science too are you definitely going to UWS or somewhere else. Where else do you apply ?
Original post by Anonymous
I applied to Biomedical science too are you definitely going to UWS or somewhere else. Where else do you apply ?

I’ve got an offer to study Immunology at Glasgow and another offer for Biomed at Edinburgh, pretty certain I’ll go to UWS though as I prefer the course content to the others. How about you?
I’ve got an offer to study Immunology at Glasgow and another offer for Biomed at Edinburgh, pretty certain I’ll go to UWS though as I prefer the course content to the others. How about you?

Ah ok. I was going to Edinburgh biomedical science course is not really the best tbh. And there is better career opportunities in UWS because accredited by IBMS (one of the few accredited courses in Scotland) I don’t know I kinda stuck between Abertay and UWS.
Ah ok. I was going to Edinburgh biomedical science course is not really the best tbh. And there is better career opportunities in UWS because accredited by IBMS (one of the few accredited courses in Scotland) I don’t know I kinda stuck between Abertay and UWS.

oh I’ve got an Abertay offer too which I’m planning on declining, I’m going for UWS over that though as I think that’s a better option for me
oh I’ve got an Abertay offer too which I’m planning on declining, I’m going for UWS over that though as I think that’s a better option for me

The only thing I am worried for with UWS is the reviews on some websites there so bad although there for other course it still has an affect. There was like one or two bad review for biomed but the rest were positive. I feel like the reason why UWS is getting bad reviews is many because it’s a new uni as in renovation wise . They had had a lot of years to show off their college. So I have high hopes for the uni and plus they have great facilities and I think the biomedical course has good modules

That should say “I was going to SAY’ I never even consider Edinburgh 😂😂
That should say “I was going to SAY’ I never even consider Edinburgh 😂😂

haha don’t worry, I got what you meant. I’ve read a lot of positive reviews about biomed at UWS so that’s good, it’s still one of my first choices despite the bad reviews with other parts of the uni

I’ve also applied to study biomed! are you from england?
Original post by iamsnack
I’ve also applied to study biomed! are you from england?

oo that’s good! yeah I’m from england, you?
oo that’s good! yeah I’m from england, you?

yess i’m from england too! and i accidentally applied for the bioscience course so now i’m just waiting for them to change to the biomed.
yess i’m from england too! and i accidentally applied for the bioscience course so now i’m just waiting for them to change to the biomed.

ah okay I get you!! have you applied for year one or year two entry? where else have you applied?
ah okay I get you!! have you applied for year one or year two entry? where else have you applied?

i applied for year one entry wbu? and i applied for strathclyde, caledonian, herriot watt and south wales. where have u applied??
i applied for year one entry wbu? and i applied for strathclyde, caledonian, herriot watt and south wales. where have u applied??

I applied for year one too, also applied to Glasgow, edinburgh, herriot watt and abertay. have you got a first choice yet?
I applied for year one too, also applied to Glasgow, edinburgh, herriot watt and abertay. have you got a first choice yet?

not yet i’m still waiting on caledonian or strathclyde to get back to me so hopefully i hear from them soon! nope i don’t have a first choice yet what about you?

Latest