The Student Room Group

Rejecting firm choice

I have contacted my firm choice(conditional) to cancel my application(they haven't confirm my place yet). Does that mean I will automatically get into my insurance choice( unconditional). Or will I have to go through clearing?
Is your insurance confirmed? This seems rather late to be doing it.

Edit: it's unconditional, so I'm pretty sure you'd just get in
Reply 2
Original post by Theloniouss
Is your insurance confirmed? This seems rather late to be doing it.

Edit: it's unconditional, so I'm pretty sure you'd just get in

I got an unconditional offer from them back in February. The only reason I'm changing it now is that my firm choice told me they need at least another week to decide if they want to confirm my place, the problem is my insurance is starting in less than a week. I'm from outside of the UK so I need to have time to get to the Uni from my country.
Original post by *_Lena_*
I got an unconditional offer from them back in February. The only reason I'm changing it now is that my firm choice told me they need at least another week to decide if they want to confirm my place, the problem is my insurance is starting in less than a week. I'm from outside of the UK so I need to have time to get to the Uni from my country.

I believe your insurance should say something along the lines of "Confirmed Insurance" next to it. Have you contacted your insurance at all?
Reply 4
I believe your insurance should say something along the lines of "Confirmed Insurance" next to it. Have you contacted your insurance at all?

In UCAS Track it says ''Your place is confirmed at this university or college if you're NOT accepted at your firm choice.(Unconditional offer (held as insurance))''. I sent them an email with my results a month ago and said that I'll get in touch when my firm will decide.
In UCAS Track it says ''Your place is confirmed at this university or college if you're NOT accepted at your firm choice.(Unconditional offer (held as insurance))''. I sent them an email with my results a month ago and said that I'll get in touch when my firm will decide.

So, if you reject your firm you automatically go into clearing. If your firm rejects you, you go to your insurance. If you contact your insurance, though, they might let you keep them through clearing. Otherwise, contact your firm and ask them to reject you.
Reply 6
So, if you reject your firm you automatically go into clearing. If your firm rejects you, you go to your insurance. If you contact your insurance, though, they might let you keep them through clearing. Otherwise, contact your firm and ask them to reject you.

So if email my firm and ask them to cancel my application(I've already called them and they advised me that), it will be fine and I'll just go to my insurance, yes?
So if email my firm and ask them to cancel my application(I've already called them and they advised me that), it will be fine and I'll just go to my insurance, yes?

That would be how it works normally, I think. I assume there's no cutoff date, but it may well be worth calling your insurance just to check.
Reply 8
That would be how it works normally, I think. I assume there's no cutoff date, but it may well be worth calling your insurance just to check.

Okay, I'll call my insurance tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending