unsweetenedblue
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i will be living in england starting Year 12, but next year my family is going to move to Scotland meaning i will be in S6 as of then. I know i wouldn’t have finished my A-Levels by then, but i will need qualifications for university so can i do 5 highers in S6 then leave school and get into university?
Horsesarethebest
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes you can do highers in S6 and get into Scottish unis and some English ones, in fact most people do. If you however want to go to English unis you will probably need Advanced highers which are the equivalent of A levels for uni entry outside of Scotland or for competitive courses such as medicine
thepunmaster.e
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You can, but check with unis and explain your situation. If you want english unis you would have to do advanced highers
cchloepx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Your options for uni will most likely be limited as others have said. 5 highers (assuming you do well) will get you into most Scottish unis. However, English unis often require two or more advanced highers for Scottish students.

There are some English unis that will allow you in with highers. The University of Kent, for example, told me that they accept highers on an individual basis for my modern languages degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (58)
13.46%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (55)
12.76%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (166)
38.52%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.67%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (83)
19.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.34%

Watched Threads