The Student Room Group

Was this weird?

When I was 14/15 I had a 'online fling/relationship' with someone who was 16/17 where over the time there was a lot of flirting and exchange of photos.

I've now grown up (22) now and have been thinking back about it I can't decide if it was weird or not lol. I don't think I was groomed/used because we were both doing it and even though we were both minors, we had consented and no one was pressured.

was it weird or was it okay?
lol depending on where you are
in the US if you arent 17 its technically illegal

but same boo same lol

i mean ofc when we get older we look back on things and are like "wtf"
no, not weird - pretty normal for this age group in this day and age. think a lot of us have been there.
Not weird imo, lots of teenagers have done this, but obviously once you have all matured after a few years you regret it / think “what was I doing”.

It doesn’t sound weird - sounds like a typical online relationship between teenagers experiment and feeling themselves with their hormones.

I’m prettt sure lots of us have done this, I have myself and regret some of the things I did as a teenager, including flirting online / sending pictures, but nothing happened with anything and it all ended ok as nothing bad happened, but I still look back at it and beat myself up about doing the things I did back then.

Not weird at all
Reply 4
Original post by BlackkQueen12
lol depending on where you are
in the US if you arent 17 its technically illegal

but same boo same lol

i mean ofc when we get older we look back on things and are like "wtf"

We were from the uk lol

it's such a thing of like omg why did I not just keep it in my pants but then again it's the whole discovering yourself and your sexuality tea.

what a bunch of fools we were ahaha
Original post by Anonymous
We were from the uk lol

it's such a thing of like omg why did I not just keep it in my pants but then again it's the whole discovering yourself and your sexuality tea.

indeed :lol:
but hey
we all are gonna learn one way or another
Original post by Anonymous
We were from the uk lol

As long as you weren’t pressurised to send anything it’s ok.

Also if any pictures were to be shared / leaked you’d know about this by now, so obviously they weren’t :smile:
No.
It's fine to chat and joke with other teens.
Reply 8
lol thanks everyone for replying, I have just been thinking about it throughout the lockdown period so much lol

oh well onwards and upwards!

Quick Reply

Latest