Transferring between medical schools from Keele to Manchester

Watch
hannahxh.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I recently got accepted into medicine at Keele University with a foundation course, however I was wondering if its possible to transfer to University of Manchester to do medicine after the foundation year. I live in Manchester and my mum has fallen severely ill so she needs me to support her as much as possible. Is there a chance of me being able to get a transfer after the foundation year or even a year after that? and is there anything extra I'd need to do so they can let me transfer?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by hannahxh.)
I recently got accepted into medicine at Keele University with a foundation course, however I was wondering if its possible to transfer to University of Manchester to do medicine after the foundation year. I live in Manchester and my mum has fallen severely ill so she needs me to support her as much as possible. Is there a chance of me being able to get a transfer after the foundation year or even a year after that? and is there anything extra I'd need to do so they can let me transfer?
Transfers between medical schools are so exceedingly rare that it is, for all intents and purposes, impossible.

All med schools have different curriculum and their teaching is done at different years (e.g. anatomy at Year 1 at one med school, but Year 2 at another, or spread out throughout different years etc.).

Keele and Manchester are very close, so I would email them on a very, very small chance that they may let you. But I very very much doubt it is possible.

Keele do not accept transfers, in any case (I know you are trying to transfer out of Keele).
We will not accept requests to transfer from other degree programmes and will not accept applications to enter our programme at any level from students who have already commenced study of medicine, dentistry or veterinary medicine/science elsewhere, regardless of the reasons for their failure to complete the previous programme. This includes students who have commenced study in other countries and wish to relocate to the UK.

Manchester has an official transfer from their Biological Sciences department.
We also accept a small number of transfer students (approximately 10) who have performed exceptionally well in the first year of their degree programmes in the School of Biological Sciences at the University of Manchester. Details of this scheme are published internally to eligible students.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.24%
No - I have already returned home (28)
10.89%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
21.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.89%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed