Teenage boy arrested after 15-year-old shot near Suffolk school

Watch
-Eirlys-
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
A teenager has been arrested after a 15-year-old boy was shot on his way to school in Suffolk.
The victim, a pupil at Kesgrave high school, sustained serious injuries and was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s hospital in Cambridge, Suffolk police said.
A police statement said officers were called just after 8.40am on Monday to reports of a shooting in Friends Walk. A teenage boy was arrested and taken into custody for questioning.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...g-near-ipswich

What do you think went on?
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
From what I understand, some of which comes from questionable sources, the victim had fallen out with another boy of a similar age. The perpetrator 'allegedly' took his Dad's car (the silver Saab pictured) along with a shotgun (presumably his Dad's also). He waited till the victim came along and fired a shot at him as some kind of revenge.

The victim is in a critical condition, having been shot in the face! It seems a minor argument spiralled out of control. The initial suggestion that this was drugs-related or gang-related seem less evident so far.
-Eirlys-
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JOSH4598)
From what I understand, some of which comes from questionable sources, the victim had fallen out with another boy of a similar age. The perpetrator 'allegedly' took his Dad's car (the silver Saab pictured) along with a shotgun (presumably his Dad's also). He waited till the victim came along and fired a shot at him as some kind of revenge.

The victim is in a critical condition, having been shot in the face! It seems a minor argument spiralled out of control. The initial suggestion that this was drugs-related or gang-related seem less evident so far.
Hm, I also got the feeling that they must've had a falling out over the Summer, but obviously the shooter is incredibly unstable if he thinks that's a plausible action to take against someone! And why does his dad own a shotgun?! I can't believe he shot him in the face. I hope he pulls through.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by -Eirlys-)
Hm, I also got the feeling that they must've had a falling out over the Summer, but obviously the shooter is incredibly unstable if he thinks that's a plausible action to take against someone! And why does his dad own a shotgun?! I can't believe he shot him in the face. I hope he pulls through.
I feel a better question is why on earth wasnt it secured?! Owning a shotgun being quite legal and proper but leaving it lying around where psychotic offspring can pinch it is decidedly not. I wouldnt be entirely surprised if the father found himself in the dock for this as well.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
I feel a better question is why on earth wasnt it secured?! Owning a shotgun being quite legal and proper but leaving it lying around where psychotic offspring can pinch it is decidedly not. I wouldnt be entirely surprised if the father found himself in the dock for this as well.
Could have been his own shotgun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.51%
No (281)
78.49%

Watched Threads