Northaca
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did simple gain calc too as a long/long
Was it 55 years remaining? Or 55 years from when it started so like 25 years remaining at time of Q?
Aca2020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Northaca)
I did simple gain calc too as a long/long
Was it 55 years remaining? Or 55 years from when it started so like 25 years remaining at time of Q?
I thought I read that it was 55 years remaining so I just literally treated it as a deemed disposal on cessation of trade. For the IR35, did you do a deemed employment calculation even with the limited information? Also for q3, did you do a whole recalculation of her 2018/19 tax calculation or did you just talk about each adjustment individually?
Jtg1998
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Aca2020)
I thought I read that it was 55 years remaining so I just literally treated it as a deemed disposal on cessation of trade. For the IR35, did you do a deemed employment calculation even with the limited information? Also for q3, did you do a whole recalculation of her 2018/19 tax calculation or did you just talk about each adjustment individually?
What was Q3 again?
Aca2020
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Jtg1998)
What was Q3 again?
It was the girl who had submitted her 2018/19 return which hadn’t taken into account the non tax advantaged share options, payment from a discretionary trust etc
Jtg1998
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Ah right yeah, discussed treatment for each I think and then worked out the CT liability at the end
Northaca
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Aca2020)
I read it as 55 years remaining too, but then heard people talking about wastage and thought I’d misread it because of the time pressure but fingers crossed ay!

I attempted an IR35 calc putting in the figures that were available, it felt like I needed more info to do it properly but also the marks for that requirement made me feel an explanation was too little?

For Q3, I just talked about each issue with some figures in my narrative, never really did any proper calcs or comps though
Aca2020
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Northaca)
I read it as 55 years remaining too, but then heard people talking about wastage and thought I’d misread it because of the time pressure but fingers crossed ay!

I attempted an IR35 calc putting in the figures that were available, it felt like I needed more info to do it properly but also the marks for that requirement made me feel an explanation was too little?

For Q3, I just talked about each issue with some figures in my narrative, never really did any proper calcs or comps though
Okay that makes me feel better. I didn’t do the ir35 calc but wish I had because didn’t have enough to write. Also same for the q3, mainly just did narrative on each issue!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (0)
0%
Less motivated (1)
100%

Watched Threads