bagersnake
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello, Does anyone have a rough idea how many words you need to know to get an A/A* in ALEVEL Latin/ Classical Greek??
+ any other tips?
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Lots? :rofl: I'd start with knowing your vocab list well, and then you'll need to learn idiosyncratic vocab in your set texts too. You'll probably end up learning 50-100 words (if not more, my teachers probably took us up to 200) a week with regular testing so as long as you do actually try and learn them for the test you'll probably end up doing fine.

Other tips: - do actually do the regularly set work each week, don't go 'oh haha of course I know my subjunctives' and then...you don't
- read around, read all of the Aeneid and Iliad at least (then you have context and it's great)
- learn your set texts properly and revise them regularly
- take regular naps and eat nice food, also have coffee before long translations if you do coffee

Disclaimer: I did Latin Pre-U so A level may be slightly different but I imagine the basics are the same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads