Want more information about this university?
Shafxx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am considering retaking Year 12 and I was wondering if this would affect my application to subjects such as Accounting & Finance, Optometry, and Pharmacy undergraduate courses at the uni of Bradford or the University of Huddersfield. Any help would be appreciated.
I'd also be grateful if someone tagged them underneath so they could see this as well please?
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shafxx)
I am considering retaking Year 12 and I was wondering if this would affect my application to subjects such as Accounting & Finance, Optometry, and Pharmacy undergraduate courses at the uni of Bradford or the University of Huddersfield. Any help would be appreciated.
I'd also be grateful if someone tagged them underneath so they could see this as well please?
Hi Shafxx

How are you?

Both choices are great universities. Are you local?

What's the reason you're thinking of retaking year 12 if you don't mind me asking?
Retaking the year shouldn't affect your application, especially if you also use the year to gain some experience towards your application/career choice.

Have you looked into each course to see what the entry requirements are for both universities and to see which course you'd prefer?
For example at the University of Huddersfield for Accountancy and Finance BA(Hons) all the information you'll need is available here.
And for Optometry BSc(Hons) all the information can be found here.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me and I'll help as best as I can.

Speak soon,
Harriette
Shafxx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Huddersfield)
Hi Shafxx

How are you?

Both choices are great universities. Are you local?

What's the reason you're thinking of retaking year 12 if you don't mind me asking?
Retaking the year shouldn't affect your application, especially if you also use the year to gain some experience towards your application/career choice.

Have you looked into each course to see what the entry requirements are for both universities and to see which course you'd prefer?
For example at the University of Huddersfield for Accountancy and Finance BA(Hons) all the information you'll need is available here.
And for Optometry BSc(Hons) all the information can be found here.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me and I'll help as best as I can.

Speak soon,
Harriette
I wanted to retake so I could take chemistry .Yes I have that's why I'm retaking as it'll help me boost my grades
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shafxx)
I wanted to retake so I could take chemistry .Yes I have that's why I'm retaking as it'll help me boost my grades
Hi Shafxx

No worries at all. Have a look to see if there's any experience you can get whilst boosting your grades, this will also help your application.

You can also 'Ask a question' on each course page linked above. This will go to the admissions team of each subject and they will be able to provide further details as to what they're looking for from your application.

I hope this helps - if you have any more questions about Huddersfield, please let me know.

Good luck with chemistry!

Speak soon,
Harriette
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (90)
14%
I'm not sure (30)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (204)
31.73%
I have already dropped out (14)
2.18%
I'm not a current university student (305)
47.43%

Watched Threads