Ccee_a
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Its year 12 and I want to start making notes for chemistry, but I’m literally so confused on what I should write. Do I summarise the storyline, and is it really necessary for me to like learn it or should I just learn pure content eg formulas definitions ect
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Ccee_a)
Its year 12 and I want to start making notes for chemistry, but I’m literally so confused on what I should write. Do I summarise the storyline, and is it really necessary for me to like learn it or should I just learn pure content eg formulas definitions ect
That'll be OCR B (Salters)?

Why not get advice from your teacher?
randommedic2
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Ccee_a)
I did OCR B and I found it useful to write active recall questions relating to each specification point. There are a lot of practicals to keep up with so don't neglect the theory when you're doing the practicals. The storyline puts it into context, you don't need to memorise who discovered the colour purple (colour by design - A2). If you're using the Salters book, published by the specification, do all the end of chapter questions given! When you're happy with the content, go ahead and try some past paper questions. I'd also recommend the salters revision guide written by David Goodfellow and Mark Gale, it's black and white but it has example answers and further topics/ideas to explore if you want to learn a little bit more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (56)
28.87%
No (138)
71.13%

Watched Threads