TSR Makes Me Sad

Watch
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I got into Leeds after working really hard for 2 years after a-levels and I was so happy, I never even imagined someone like me could go to a RG university, I never set my standards that high. But whenever I go on TSR I feel right s**t, people talking about Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial and putting down universities like Leeds etc... makes me feel worthless, even though I’m super proud I made it this far.
So stop reading tsr or stop taking those sort of opinions seriously. Why are you so traumatised by what random strangers say? i presume you don't know these people personally.
And what are the actual facts here: Leeds is at number 91 globally as a uni. That is not bad is it?
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
P.s. Top 5 don't always live up to expectation and aren't right for some.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you everyone, I understand that not everyone posting on this site is genuine, but it’s easier said than done to stop comparing yourself when you see the same posts 100 times a day Leeds is a good uni, I just hate that people on TSR think you’re a failure if you don’t attend the top 5 universities in the country
No, it's actually very easy to stop comparing yourself. Why do you put so much stock in what other people think? You don't even know them and they don't know you. No one will care that much, you're not that special for people to give that many ****s about outside of your family and friends. Leeds is great, so is studying medicine. But honestly, my opinion doesn't matter. If you're thinking negatively about it based on comparison it suggests that you aren't happy with where you're going. Work on yourself and build yourself up to not let negativity in.
Ramipril
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Develop your own personality and stop caring what the herd thinks. Especially degenerates on TSR.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pathway)
No, it's actually very easy to stop comparing yourself. Why do you put so much stock in what other people think? You don't even know them and they don't know you. No one will care that much, you're not that special for people to give that many ****s about outside of your family and friends. Leeds is great, so is studying medicine. But honestly, my opinion doesn't matter. If you're thinking negatively about it based on comparison it suggests that you aren't happy with where you're going. Work on yourself and build yourself up to not let negativity in.
Yes, exactly and precisely! Comparing and negativity is the fast road to depression!
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mgi)
Yes, exactly and precisely! Comparing and negativity is the fast road to depression!
Not to mention a waste of our most precious resource: time. You can spend it where you please, but you can never get it back. Use it wisely.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pathway)
Not to mention a waste of our most precious resource: time. You can spend it where you please, but you can never get it back. Use it wisely.
Yes, true. Sounds like wisdom to me!😄
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sorry to hear this

You can't believe everything you read. There have been comments of stigma about oxbridge where any other uni is less than. You'd be surprised at the amount of people who lie about where they're going. :yep:

your success shouldn't be diminished by a bunch of internet strangers. :groovy:
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Leeds is a great university and you should be extremely proud of getting in.

TSR isn't representative of the population and there can sometimes be a little bit of snobbery around, don't let that get you down.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Medicine
Now that is flexing material
Synergy~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ot should be said that it’s not TSR itself that makes you sad but your thoughts in reaction to what others have said and your comparisons. This is firmly within your control
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Don't use it then. Problem solved
Indeed I shall be deleting my account shortly. Adios.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
So I got into Leeds after working really hard for 2 years after a-levels and I was so happy, I never even imagined someone like me could go to a RG university, I never set my standards that high. But whenever I go on TSR I feel right s**t, people talking about Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial and putting down universities like Leeds etc... makes me feel worthless, even though I’m super proud I made it this far.
Leeds is a fantastic uni! Lots of the people who are spending time on the SR bashing certain universities clearly have too much time on their hands, doesn't really reflect very well on them as a person haha!!
royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Congrats my dude! Just don't give a f*** about what other people think. Always remember how happy you felt when you got into Leeds! :yeah:
nursingstudentuk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
just because people on the website got into better unis than you? Who cares? literally who cares? Just get on with your life. TSR is a fantastic place to make friends and share ideas. If you think getting off of this website will help, it wont, because you will also meet people irl who have gone to a "better" uni than you. If you cant even ignore it on this website then good luck irl. Just be happy with what you've got and stop caring what other people think. you will be much happier
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by royalty1702)
Congrats my dude! Just don't give a f*** about what other people think. Always remember how happy you felt when you got into Leeds! :yeah:
Yes, spot on. He/she should feel well pleased.
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't think that would be wise, staying on TSR allows you to ask questions of people already expert in your field like Ecolier.

Anyway, you might be just the person to help another poster on another occasion.
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you everyone, I understand that not everyone posting on this site is genuine, but it’s easier said than done to stop comparing yourself when you see the same posts 100 times a day Leeds is a good uni, I just hate that people on TSR think you’re a failure if you don’t attend the top 5 universities in the country
Those people who think that are saddos with massive sticks up their arses. They are just sheltered beings.
Senita.H
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The University of Leeds is good. You need to be proud of yourself, not dissatisfied and worthless.
There are many people who miss being you.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Medicine
are you for real?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (1)
16.67%
Less motivated (5)
83.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise