HPV has ruined my life

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
This may come across very dramatic. However for the past two weeks of finding out from a nurse after getting checked by two other nurses who told me I was over reacting and ‘they’re only skin tags not warts’ I was told that I had genital warts. I had suspected something was wrong soon after I slept with this guy when I got BV after it. Something just didn’t seem right. Then I got the first spot and it turned purple and was painful and eventually fell off so I thought maybe this is just from hard clothing or skin burn. Then the spots continued. So I had this irrational fear that he had given me my worst nightmare. I went to the nurse three times before actually being made aware that it was genital warts. My heart sank when she told me and I had to go work that day. She did the treatment to freeze them and told me to come back in two weeks. I wanted to break down and cry after I left. I spent the next week having mental breakdowns bc I thought this was the end of my sex life. I messaged the boy who gave it to me who claimed to not of known he had it, was very rude to me about it. To then find out he recently had a ‘scare’ before me. Just doesn’t tell me before we do anything. Also doesn’t think to use a condom either. On my part I should’ve been more abrasive with saying I wanted him to to which he only did when I said I wasn’t on the pill. To which I needed to get the morning after pill. Which he offered to pay for, never did. I’ve never been more mad and upset in my life for a hook up. It’s made me regret every decision I made leading up to it and I’m really struggling to get to terms with this is actually what’s happening to me. It’s terrifying, especially when my immune system is rubbish and I get ill really easily. Then to read it could cause cancer. I want to get the smear test done but I’m not 25. Literally this is just so much to deal with on top of everything else. I honestly feel like this one idiot has ruined my life and it keeps me up at night.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This may come across very dramatic. However for the past two weeks of finding out from a nurse after getting checked by two other nurses who told me I was over reacting and ‘they’re only skin tags not warts’ I was told that I had genital warts. I had suspected something was wrong soon after I slept with this guy when I got BV after it. Something just didn’t seem right. Then I got the first spot and it turned purple and was painful and eventually fell off so I thought maybe this is just from hard clothing or skin burn. Then the spots continued. So I had this irrational fear that he had given me my worst nightmare. I went to the nurse three times before actually being made aware that it was genital warts. My heart sank when she told me and I had to go work that day. She did the treatment to freeze them and told me to come back in two weeks. I wanted to break down and cry after I left. I spent the next week having mental breakdowns bc I thought this was the end of my sex life. I messaged the boy who gave it to me who claimed to not of known he had it, was very rude to me about it. To then find out he recently had a ‘scare’ before me. Just doesn’t tell me before we do anything. Also doesn’t think to use a condom either. On my part I should’ve been more abrasive with saying I wanted him to to which he only did when I said I wasn’t on the pill. To which I needed to get the morning after pill. Which he offered to pay for, never did. I’ve never been more mad and upset in my life for a hook up. It’s made me regret every decision I made leading up to it and I’m really struggling to get to terms with this is actually what’s happening to me. It’s terrifying, especially when my immune system is rubbish and I get ill really easily. Then to read it could cause cancer. I want to get the smear test done but I’m not 25. Literally this is just so much to deal with on top of everything else. I honestly feel like this one idiot has ruined my life and it keeps me up at night.
says on the NHS page Genital warts are not cancer and do not cause cancer.

Have to hope the treatment works and your body adjusts to fight the virus.
Apparently they are protected against if you have the HPV vaccine at 12 or 13 and you can still get it up to 25.
Hope for the best. No point beating yourself up.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sorry to hear this . Don't despair because of the conduct of some thoughtless guy. You sound like you need ongoing counselling though. And it also sounds like you need to do more reading about the facts. There is actually a lot of hope for you!
Go and see your gp asap.
https://www.cancercenter.com/cancer-...r/risk-factors
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (63)
27.51%
Less motivated (166)
72.49%

Watched Threads