Which accommodation is best for me?!?!?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi

I am struggling to decide which accommodation to choose and was wondering which one is best for me based on my profile?

- Looking to be social, and make the most of my time at university. Although if people want to chill, I can do that easily too and relax myself as well.

- Want to be in a mix of people and try to be as involved as possible. Go to social events and clubs a lot too (once they open up).

- I like to go to the gym a lot, and would consider myself as pretty sporty. So i would be making use of the hub a lot.

I can choose between rootes and sherbourne, and am not sure which to go for. Rootes is seen as the place that can fit my social profile as well as being on central campus, whereas sherbourne is generally nicer and close to the wellness hub. So I'm stuck with what to decide!!!

Thanks!
bobbybill123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When you make accommodation applications you have an opportunity to describe yourself and say if you are especially outgoing. This is taken very importantly when being allocated, and I'd suggest it dominates over accommodation choice. You will have quiet blocks in Rootes and you will have lively blocks in Sherborne. There are obviously more lively blocks in Rootes and fewer in Sherbourne, but putting this down on your description would strongly influence what kitchen you get into.

In terms of proximity, Rootes beats Sherborne in almost every way, with the only exception that Sherborne is very close to the brand new sports centre, although if you join a sports society they rarely do stuff at the actual sports centres and go to specific areas on/off campus.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by bobbybill123)
When you make accommodation applications you have an opportunity to describe yourself and say if you are especially outgoing. This is taken very importantly when being allocated, and I'd suggest it dominates over accommodation choice. You will have quiet blocks in Rootes and you will have lively blocks in Sherborne. There are obviously more lively blocks in Rootes and fewer in Sherbourne, but putting this down on your description would strongly influence what kitchen you get into.

In terms of proximity, Rootes beats Sherborne in almost every way, with the only exception that Sherborne is very close to the brand new sports centre, although if you join a sports society they rarely do stuff at the actual sports centres and go to specific areas on/off campus.
Yeah the proximity would be a bit of a pain for me having to walk 15-20 mins to get to campus and the supermarket etc.

But if the uni places as much emphasis as it does on your personal profile and if sherbourne has some sort of sense of community and is a lively enough hall, it would outweigh that for me. As obviously it is quite a bit nicer than Rootes
bobbybill123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah the proximity would be a bit of a pain for me having to walk 15-20 mins to get to campus and the supermarket etc.

But if the uni places as much emphasis as it does on your personal profile and if sherbourne has some sort of sense of community and is a lively enough hall, it would outweigh that for me. As obviously it is quite a bit nicer than Rootes
yeah there will definitely be lively sherbourne halls, I went there a few times last year because a fresher in my sports society hosted some stuff there
IdealStudentJ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
On Campus Bluebell Ensuite available.

To take over this contract, you must be:

1. First year Warwick undergrad student

2. Not already have a contract with Warwick accommodation

3. If you have accepted your Warwick accommodation contract, you must be within your 7 day cooling off period.

I CANNOT SWAP WITH YOU.This is to take over the contract.

DM me if your interested
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.57%
I'm not sure (11)
3.01%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (126)
34.43%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.64%
I'm not a current university student (166)
45.36%

Watched Threads