umermotenn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey, I am an international student hoping to study in Europe for my bachelors. There are 3 universities that I really like: Sciences Po, Bocconi and, University of Amsterdam. My main language of tone is English. I have mediocre GCSE and AS Level grades, however, I do have a lot of extracurriculars and community service. Do you think I will be able to get in? And if so, which one is the best option?
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Amsterdam, - nice, least expensive (fees +/-8K euro)
Sciences Po, in Paris - nice (fees +/-10K euro)
Bocconi in Italy (Milano, where I'm typing from) - nice (fees +/-13K euro)

I think that Amsterdam is the better organised, housing could be hard to obtain - tho' the uni will probably help find at least one place. maybe 670euro/month housing?
Milano would be slightly more relaxed lifestyle than France or NL, slightly better weather too! (27C today, bright blue skies, no clouds, no wind)
France, Paris has its own strengths and weaknesses. I love it too.

personally I would get a top 'international'/local Bachelor, then do a 2-year Master at one of the above (with stages/internships as part of the MSc)
that way , you save a bit, and you learn at a high level, with the important *actual work experience* that all companies are looking for, but that's just my point of view.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't know if others would agree with me but I would say that it is hardest to get into Sciences Po, especially if you have mediocre grades. UvA has lower entry requirements and not sure about Bocconi. I would apply to all of them and see which ones accept you. If they all accept you, then just base the choice around which city you prefer and which university is best renowned for your subject.
umermotenn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by LuigiMario)
Amsterdam, - nice, least expensive (fees +/-8K euro)
Sciences Po, in Paris - nice (fees +/-10K euro)
Bocconi in Italy (Milano, where I'm typing from) - nice (fees +/-13K euro)

I think that Amsterdam is the better organised, housing could be hard to obtain - tho' the uni will probably help find at least one place. maybe 670euro/month housing?
Milano would be slightly more relaxed lifestyle than France or NL, slightly better weather too! (27C today, bright blue skies, no clouds, no wind)
France, Paris has its own strengths and weaknesses. I love it too.

personally I would get a top 'international'/local Bachelor, then do a 2-year Master at one of the above (with stages/internships as part of the MSc)
that way , you save a bit, and you learn at a high level, with the important *actual work experience* that all companies are looking for, but that's just my point of view.
Thankyou so much!!
umermotenn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't know if others would agree with me but I would say that it is hardest to get into Sciences Po, especially if you have mediocre grades. UvA has lower entry requirements and not sure about Bocconi. I would apply to all of them and see which ones accept you. If they all accept you, then just base the choice around which city you prefer and which university is best renowned for your subject.
Thankyou so much!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (47)
23.04%
No (157)
76.96%

Watched Threads