The Student Room Group

If I was to get 3As in my a level resits could clearing get me to a good uni still

Whatever predicted grades I get it won’t be higher than 3Bs which won’t get me to the top unis so if i get 3 As for example and I apply through clearing when I get my results will the top unis still have spaces to let me in? I’m not even too fussy over which just one of the top ones
Original post by Sretep01
Whatever predicted grades I get it won’t be higher than 3Bs which won’t get me to the top unis so if i get 3 As for example and I apply through clearing when I get my results will the top unis still have spaces to let me in? I’m not even too fussy over which just one of the top ones

depends on the course, there might be some places for some of them.

Hey @Sretep01, What is it you're wanting to study?

You can always apply through Clearing if you don't receive any offers, but it's maybe worth considering applying through the normal UCAS cycle anyway, is this what you're planning on at the moment? At least that way you know the universities you want to go to will have considered you for an offer. Like @clairestelle says- there's not really a guarantee the spaces will be there in Clearing. If it doesn't work out and you achieve AAA then you can approach universities through Clearing on results day.

Hope that helps a bit!

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
depends on the course, there might be some places for some of them.

For physics? So would it be a bad idea to rely on clearing?
For physics? So would it be a bad idea to rely on clearing?

physics may have some spaces but clearing is never guaranteed.
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
physics may have some spaces but clearing is never guaranteed.

But there are a lot of good unis that do physics so surly of all of them there must be at least one that will be available through clearing
But there are a lot of good unis that do physics so surly of all of them there must be at least one that will be available through clearing

yes there could be one, i would suggest you get an application in beforehand then at least you have a backup plan and can use adjustment if you get AAA.

If you meet and exceed your firm offer you will be eligible for Adjustment anyway which gives you the ability to look at other unis whilst still holding your firm place. There is nothing to lose, really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending