Apple event September 15th 2020

Watch
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just me who is psyched for the 15th? I'm a massive fan girl with not enough money to buy anything
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm more interested than the last few years, mainly in the hopes that we get a look at the ARM based Mac lines. iPads will be iPads, hopefully they'll do something interesting with the iPhones beyond what we've seen in the leaks.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Just me who is psyched for the 15th? I'm a massive fan girl with not enough money to buy anything
I may be a sheep 🐑 but psyched for the event!
bluewolf21
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've generally been more interested in WWDC than I have been in the special events, but I'm hoping that this is when they announce the Apple Silicon MacBooks as I've been waiting to see what they would be like in production since they announced them.
AcseI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm also interested to see what ARM based Apple is going to look like. Not that I'll be touching it for a good while. Will be interesting to see how (if at all) the attack surface for Apple devices changes as a result.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Apple store is down, new products incoming. By my recollection this is quite a bit earlier than it normally goes down ahead of an event, which could point to a larger update. Fingers crossed for shiny new stuff across a lot of categories.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Live now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b13x..._channel=Apple
bluewolf21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Literally just came here to say that...
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by bluewolf21)
Literally just came here to say that...
You young'uns can't keep up with the old timers :ahee:
AcseI
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Seems like no ARM Macs until November? I'm not actually following the live coverage though
bluewolf21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AcseI)
Seems like no ARM Macs until November? I'm not actually following the live coverage though
We'll probably have to wait and see - we're only 25 minutes into the event. I'll update you if they release anything.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
"Apple Watches have always needed an iPhone to set up, that's why we're introducing...."

Holy **** we're finally getting Android support for Apple Watch.

"...family setup"

Dammit.
Last edited by Gofre; 1 week ago
AcseI
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We'll probably have to wait and see - we're only 25 minutes into the event. I'll update you if they release anything.
Cheers, that's much appreciated. I just came from the rumour mill (and the intro) saying this would be about iPad and Apple Watch, so assumed nothing ARM related would be announced.
bluewolf21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gofre)
"iPhones have always needed an iPhone to set up, that's why we're introducing...."

Holy **** we're finally getting Android support

"...family setup"

Dammit.
Not gonna lie, they certainly had us in the first part.

Still though, ngl that's a bit disappointing but there's not much we can do I guess.
bluewolf21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AcseI)
Cheers, that's much appreciated. I just came from the rumour mill (and the intro) saying this would be about iPad and Apple Watch, so assumed nothing ARM related would be announced.
No worries.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not gonna lie, they certainly had us in the first part.

Still though, ngl that's a bit disappointing but there's not much we can do I guess.
I mean I absolutely wouldn't expect it any time soon, Apple Watch exclusivity will remain a major draw of iOS for as long as the Android market remains garbage. I'd wager they think it's more profitable to draw Android users over to iOS than it would be to start selling Watches to Android users.

Still, that pause got me.
𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Where can i find the live stream for the new apple releases? Also anyone know what their new releases are?
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒)
Where can i find the live stream for the new apple releases? Also anyone know what their new releases are?

The website won't update until the end of the event.

The new releases are the Series 6, the new main model with new specs and sensors, and a cheaper SE model. The Series 3 will stick around as the cheapest model.
Last edited by Gofre; 1 week ago
bluewolf21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Where can i find the live stream for the new apple releases?

Also anyone know what their new releases are?
What has been announced thus far - Apple Watch Series 6, Apple Watch SE(not replacing Series 3),
What might be announced later - New iPads(probably the Air), ARM Macs(unlikely, but based on previous rumours I'm chucking it in there anyway)
Last edited by bluewolf21; 1 week ago
𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gofre)

The website won't update until the end of the event.

The new releases are the Series 6, the new main model with new specs and sensors, and a cheaper SE model. The Series 3 will stick around as the cheapest model.

What has been announced thus far - Apple Watch Series 6, Apple Watch SE(not replacing Series 3),
What might be announced later - New iPads(probably the Air), ARM Macs(unlikely, but based on previous rumours I'm chucking it in there anyway)
thank u both of u for telling me hehe.
I feel like an ipad may be released - im thinking an ipad air 4 or something.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (29)
27.88%
Less motivated (75)
72.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed