Waiting until marriage?

Watch
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
A piece of advice relevant to the OP might be to try exercising or to engage themselves in a hobby when they have unwanted urges to have sex. I see that as a suggestion (and one that values OP's point of view), not an opinion.
It is most definitely your opinion. It also implies that you believe exercising deals with sexual urges.That is your opinion- the opposite in fact may well be true! You also assume that marriage deals with sex urges- a popular piece of fiction on tsr threads. If you were married then you would not have this opinion probably.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A piece of advice relevant to the OP might be to try exercising or to engage themselves in a hobby when they have unwanted urges to have sex. I see that as a suggestion (and one that values OP's point of view), not an opinion.
Clearly an opinion! You are erroneously implying that exercise, hobbies and marriage are linked in some way to dealing with sexual desire. These are your opinions not suggestions.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mgi)
It is most definitely your opinion. It also implies that you believe exercising deals with sexual urges.That is your opinion- the opposite in fact may well be true! You also assume that marriage deals with sex urges- a popular piece of fiction on tsr threads. If you were married then you would not have this opinion probably.
You think regular sex does not relieve sexual frustration?
WhisperWillow
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Okay so advice. regardless of wether you are close to your wedding date or haven't ever had a relationship before. if it's a religious reason I recommend praying or looking into the scriptures in your holy book that speak of waiting till marriage and why to remind yourself. make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. you should do it for yourself mostly. if you're doing it more for your future partners sake you've got the wrong end of the stick. you should be doing it of your own volition and choice and will and no-one else's. that way it is easier to find the foundations of why you're doing it. why your waiting till marriage. you should not expect your partner to have lived the same way up until that point but it is very much acceptable to state your position on sex only after marriage.
personally the best way I find if I have a weak moment is to connect with the roots of the reason I told myself I wanted to wait in the first place. whatever that is for you.
I hope that helps.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You think regular sex does not relieve sexual frustration?
Have you heard of sexless marriages or sexual dysfunctional marriages? The key word you used is "regular"! What does that actually mean in practice?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mgi)
Have you heard of sexless marriages or sexual dysfunctional marriages? The key word you used is "regular"! What does that actually mean in practice?
it means more sex than no sex for someone who was waiting until marriage
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
it means more sex than no sex for someone who was waiting until marriage
Not necessarily. Some so called marriages have no sex. Check the facts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (79)
30.5%
Less motivated (180)
69.5%

Watched Threads