Trump nominated for nobel peace prize

Watch
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I mean on the one hand (as much as i hate to admit it) props where props are due. Him and his urchin son in law did have a fair hand in this (although given the two countries were hardly fighting..)

Then again we should look at this in contrast to his policy on Iran which has undoubtedly led to much death and horrors for the civilians and the less said about his brown nosing the mini dictator in Saudi the better.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/...ae-deal-641611
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anybody can nominate anybody for these, doesn't mean much.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Trump is one of over 200 people nominated this year, just for a bit of perspective. Every sitting president since Clinton has received a nomination (Bush Sr could have but there's no central list and search results unsurprisingly all just go to Bush Jr who got his nomination during the internet age), so it's not a huge break from tradition, and for all his failings he had helped resolve conflicts to a degree that would earn him a valid nomination.
Last edited by Gofre; 2 weeks ago
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
I mean on the one hand (as much as i hate to admit it) props where props are due. Him and his urchin son in law did have a fair hand in this (although given the two countries were hardly fighting..)

Then again we should look at this in contrast to his policy on Iran which has undoubtedly led to much death and horrors for the civilians and the less said about his brown nosing the mini dictator in Saudi the better.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/...ae-deal-641611
As much as I disagree with him on many things, and consider him to be pretty daft, causing fewer wars than Obama did, is already good.
He's the first US president who has not started any war since Clinton.
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I mean Obama did win it despite not being an especially peaceful president to put it lightly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (59)
21.15%
No (220)
78.85%

Watched Threads