Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
When I was applying for universities earlier this, I must have found something in DMU that made me end up firming the course. Now, I'm sort of having doubts about the course (but I'll figure that out myself) and about the uni. Is it really as good as I thought? What are the general pros and cons?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
It's not great at all. It's quite a low ranked uni. There's a better uni in the same city called University of Leicester!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
De Montfort is a great uni. It’s better for some courses than others. It’s a blend of different courses and societies from arts to business etc. so you meet an array of different unique people. Additionally, it got voted gold credited for teaching and framework which not many universities achieve. It’s very multi cultural and has great, modern facilities and placement opportunities. The staff are fab, the library facilities are very accessible. There is a lot of support offered here, and has a vibrant atmosphere which other universities like Leicester uni lack. I would book an open day see how you feel, do not listen to one opinion but choose what you feel is right from your heart. I have studied here myself after going to many open days, De Montfort has a a lot to offer the atmosphere,support, teaching and facilities. I might be bias but I haven’t regretted it all.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
DMU ranked in top 50 universities in the world for sustainability.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's not great at all. It's quite a low ranked uni. There's a better uni in the same city called University of Leicester!
I'm heading into uni this year so a little too late to be applying for anything but thanks anyways
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
From someone who lives in Leicester, place is a bit of a joke. At my school they were accepting people who had scored DDE in their a levels.

Do have to say they have some nice buildings though, much nicer than uni of leic. But there’s similar unis to dmu in much nicer cities (brookes,ARU,UWE,Trent) so I’m not sure why one would come here if they’re not from Leicester themself
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
From someone who lives in Leicester, place is a bit of a joke. At my school they were accepting people who had scored DDE in their a levels.

Do have to say they have some nice buildings though, much nicer than uni of leic. But there’s similar unis to dmu in much nicer cities (brookes,ARU,UWE,Trent) so I’m not sure why one would come here if they’re not from Leicester themself
Accepted with DDE. Wow

I don't understand why students support these bullsh*t institutions and feed them money! All for the 'uni experience' I guess lol
username5397146
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
any girl thats there belongs to the street.
SomeT
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by username5397146)
any girl thats there belongs to the street.
What does that even mean?
Igotbbcalevel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it's ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.73%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (109)
16.62%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.84%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.38%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.77%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (129)
19.66%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.79%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.2%

Watched Threads