?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Anyone else applying??
mmcla55
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hiya, I'm also considering applying, I'm just stuck between Nursing and Midwifery atm!!
Bear3001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I’m applying to Magee for adult nursing.
Louise2021
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi all I'm a mature student now plan to apply for nursing as I did when I was 18 but didn't get accepted. Since then iv gained experience and want to have another go at applying I want my personal statement to be good but would love any advice from someone who is applying or applied and was accepted on where to start and formats etc

Thank you
Bear3001
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by cll21)
Hi, I applied for adult nursing at a number of places and sent my UCAS away on the 20th October and got two interviews within a week later! I had my interview for Liverpool John Moores there 4 day’s ago on the 3rd November, although I was so nervous and have definitely messed it up :/ has anyone else had their interviews and / or heard back yet???
Queens and Magee won’t release interview offers until after the closing date so probably mid-late January and interviews in February and March.
I’m sure you did fine in the interview.
username5584952
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Has anyone received a phone call from Magee regarding offers ? I got a phone call today to say that academically they could give me a unconditional offer subject to passing the video interview of course ! Haven’t heard of Ulster giving out offers like this before
Louise2021
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Amee14)
Has anyone received a phone call from Magee regarding offers ? I got a phone call today to say that academically they could give me a unconditional offer subject to passing the video interview of course ! Haven’t heard of Ulster giving oiv ut offers like this before
I've just been reading the same scenario on another thread, when did you apply and well done congrats 😀
username5584952
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Louise2021)
I've just been reading the same scenario on another thread, when did you apply and well done congrats 😀
I sent my UCAS off 2 weeks ago ... my reference was only completed two days ago and sent. I hadn’t even received a welcome email! Definitely need to pass the interview stage though... but less pressure knowing I’ve meet the academic requirements
cll21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Amee14)
Has anyone received a phone call from Magee regarding offers ? I got a phone call today to say that academically they could give me a unconditional offer subject to passing the video interview of course ! Haven’t heard of Ulster giving out offers like this before
Hiya, do you think it’s possible they’re doing that due to exams being cancelled or are you a mature student etc??
username5584952
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by cll21)
Hiya, do you think it’s possible they’re doing that due to exams being cancelled or are you a mature student etc??
I already had met the entry requirements from previous qualifications...I’m currently doing a Foundation degree so I assumed they would look at my results on this current course first .. I am 27 so a mature student aswell
Studnent100
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Does anyone know if Queens are only accepting students from Northern Ireland this year as that’s what Ulster is doing?
Lola2334
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi, I’ve just applied to queens and Magee
mmcla55
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lola2334)
Hi, I’ve just applied to queens and Magee
Hiya, what branches did you apply for?
Lola2334
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by mmcla55)
Hiya, what branches did you apply for?
Adult and Children’s. You ?
mmcla55
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Lola2334)
Adult and Children’s. You ?
Adult, MH and LD, adults would be my first choice though!
Lx&ra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Has anyone heard back from interviews?
Lilliemac
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Lx&ra)
Has anyone heard back from interviews?
Nothing yet. The wait is a killer 🙈
nana8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Anyone have an idea of when we will hear? I seen people say the 6th but last year it was the 19th
Bear3001
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by nana8)
Anyone have an idea of when we will hear? I seen people say the 6th but last year it was the 19th
It was only the 19th for a small batch, most heard on the 11th.

Last year they were caught on the back foot and had no idea their usual process would need to be changed. This year they’re prepared so I’d hope we won’t be kept waiting. I’m going by the 6th purely because it’s when Queens usually release their decisions. I think we’ll know more about a date towards the end of April.

The deadline is the 20th May which is just over 7 weeks.
Rainbow03
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just seen on the other thread some rejections have come through and heard of the first yesterday in class. Anyone else heard ? Both were for Adult nursing at Magee.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.95%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.15%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.62%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.82%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.21%

Watched Threads