The Student Room Group

Official Business and Management applicants thread 2021

Are you applying to study Business and Management at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m an international student planning to study in London for Jan intake not sure where to apply though any suggestions???
Hi I'm looking to study a business management degree in 2021, My A levels are business, economics and history. Right now my predicted grades are AAB but I'm pushing for an A in economics. I'm looking at studying at either Glasgow, Edinburgh or Newcastle up to now but I'm not sure on the other two to apply for. Has anyone got any ideas?
Reply 3
Hi!

Course: Management with Marketing/Management

Universities you're applying to: Warwick, Loughborough, Leeds, Royal Holloway, Bath, Kings (need to narrow down last choice)

Predicted grades: A*AA

GCSES: 9999888777 (Further Maths - A)
What course you are applying for: Business Management / Marketing and management
What universities you are thinking of: Leeds, Loughborough, York and Sussex (not sure on 5th one yet!)
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A*AB
GCSE/IGCSE grades: 888777766B
Extra curriculars: Enterprise (dragon challenge), LSA, paired reading buddy, librarian, member of environmentalist group, leader of gardening club, piano grade 5, created a business 2016-2018, senior prefect of economics and business, participated in ICAEW base competition and the student investors challenge.

Recieved an offer from Leeds today!
I’ve applied to management/business management 2021 and am predicted A*AA, and have applied to Leeds, Liverpool, Nottingham, Manchester and Portsmouth. I currently have offers from Leeds (AAB) Manchester (AAB) and Liverpool (ABB) Edit: and Portsmouth (128 UCAS points) :smile:)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by chazholty
Hi I'm looking to study a business management degree in 2021, My A levels are business, economics and history. Right now my predicted grades are AAB but I'm pushing for an A in economics. I'm looking at studying at either Glasgow, Edinburgh or Newcastle up to now but I'm not sure on the other two to apply for. Has anyone got any ideas?

Nottingham!!! the degree is just called ‘management’ but if I get an offer it’s gonna be my firm :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by abbbbbb.
What course you are applying for: Business Management / Marketing and management
What universities you are thinking of: Leeds, Loughborough, York and Sussex (not sure on 5th one yet!)
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A*AB
GCSE/IGCSE grades: 888777766B
Extra curriculars: Enterprise (dragon challenge), LSA, paired reading buddy, librarian, member of environmentalist group, leader of gardening club, piano grade 5, created a business 2016-2018, senior prefect of economics and business, participated in ICAEW base competition and the student investors challenge.

Recieved an offer from Leeds today!

Hey I'm applying for the same course at Loughborough too! Hmu if u wanna chat :smile: How did you structure your statement, I've just sent mine off!
Original post by kat(:b)
Hey I'm applying for the same course at Loughborough too! Hmu if u wanna chat :smile: How did you structure your statement, I've just sent mine off!

Thank you- but I have sent my statement off already. Hopefully, you will get accepted into Loughborough! Also, where else are you applying to? I am still looking for one more university to apply to.
Reply 9
Original post by abbbbbb.
Thank you- but I have sent my statement off already. Hopefully, you will get accepted into Loughborough! Also, where else are you applying to? I am still looking for one more university to apply to.

I’ve applied to Warwick, Kings, Royal Holloway, Loughborough and Bath! I love all of them to be honest, would be honoured to go to any of them.
Original post by kat(:b)
I’ve applied to Warwick, Kings, Royal Holloway, Loughborough and Bath! I love all of them to be honest, would be honoured to go to any of them.

Sounds like a good selection :smile: I would apply to Bath/Kings but the entry requirements are so high!! Hoping Loughborough will give me the offer ABB for marketing and management rather than AAB!!
Hey everyone!

I'm a 3rd year Business and Management student at the University of Lincoln. Our course aims to help students to develop the capacity to address the challenges of business practice by managing complexity, being confident in conditions of uncertainty, and positively responding to unintended consequences. It is also accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). So you completing the degree will give you a Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership from the CMI, which will stand out well on your CV!.

All the information about the Business and Management degree at the University of Lincoln, can be found by clicking THIS. All the course details and what it can offer you are on the link.

Coming to the University of Lincoln has been a great time ever since moving here. With a supportive students union to help you during your time here with many activities and support available. Being a TEF Gold rated university (meaning it consistently delivers outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students) ,the teaching is really good, and I have meet so many inspiring lectures who have helped develop me a lot since coming here! We have a great and supportive community, with everything being in walking distance (Including our famous Lincoln cathedral which is the 5th biggest in the UK!). We have also recently been crowned modern university of the year!

Feel free to have a look around campus virtually by clicking ME!

If you have any further questions about my experience on the degree or about student life here, please feel free to reply to this or you can message me on UniBuddy to :smile:

Stay safe and well,

Callum - Business and Management (3rd year)
I'm an international student applying for BSC business from Bangalore, India. I got 4A*, 4A, and a B in IGCSE.I have a predicted of 37-38 out of 45. My subjects are Math AA Hl, Business HL and Economics HL.SAT: I got a 1010 but I'm not reporting.My EC's are: Internship in finance, Coursera Course on the stock market, Organised some economics/business competitions in school, and started a small company selling masks with my father. I am the founder of a non-profit and am the account for a large non-profit, handling finances.I am applying to Warwick, Bath, Kings, Nottingham, and LSE. What are my chances of getting in?
Original post by Manooka

Are you applying to study Business and Management at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Course: BSC Business
Universities you're applying to:I am applying to Warwick, Bath, Kings, Nottingham, and LSE

I'm an international student applying for BSC business from Bangalore, India. I got 4A*, 4A, and a B in IGCSE.I have a predicted of 37-38 out of 45. My subjects are Math AA Hl, Business HL and Economics HL.SAT: I took the SAT but I'm not reporting.My EC's are: Internship in finance, Coursera Course on the stock market, Organised some economics/business competitions in school, and started a small company selling masks with my father. I am the founder of a non-profit and am the account for a large non-profit, handling finances.I am applying to Warwick, Bath, Kings, Nottingham, and LSE. What are my chances of getting in?
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey, I would say you have above-average stats, considering you won't mention that 1010 score anywhere. Even I am doing the IB and have a pred of 44-45. The unis you are applying to are undoubtedly competitive, especially LSE and Warwick, but if you ask me, you stand a decent chance at these unis.Good luck!
Reply 15
Hello,

Course: Business management and human resources

Universities you're applying to: Nottingham Trent, Aston, Coventry, UWE Bristol, Liverpool John Moores

Predicted grades: ABB
Original post by Amymurphy021
I’ve applied to management/business management 2021 and am predicted A*AA, and have applied to Leeds, Liverpool, Nottingham, Manchester and Portsmouth. I currently have offers from Leeds (AAB) Manchester (AAB) and Liverpool (ABB) :smile:)

How long did it take for you to receive an offer from Leeds?
I sent mine off on Monday the 19th and got my offer from Leeds on Friday the 23rd so it only took a few days :smile:
Original post by Winniec2002
How long did it take for you to receive an offer from Leeds?

I just replied ^^ sorry I didn’t do it directly to your question haha :smile:
Original post by Amymurphy021
I just replied ^^ sorry I didn’t do it directly to your question haha :smile:

No worries and may I ask what are your prediction grades? I sent mine a few days ago

Quick Reply

Latest