The Student Room Group

Official Business and Management applicants thread 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Winniec2002
No worries and may I ask what are your prediction grades? I sent mine a few days ago

A* in law, A in government & politics and A in psychology :smile: What about you?
Hey everyone,

I am a third year BA Business and Financial Management student at Sheffield Hallam University. The course covers both aspects of business management and financial management, primarily focusing on the importance of finance and financial markets. I was attracted to the course because it had the opportunity to do a placement year and alongside compulsory modules there were other interesting modules outside of financial management that you could chose, including business operations. Sheffield Hallam Business School has recently been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which means we are in top 5% of business schools globally. This is something I think will really help my degree stand out to employers now I'm applying to graduate schemes.

I love Sheffield as a student city as it is really easy to get around but there is still lots of things to do and places to visit and it's not too far from my home in Manchester.

If you want to find out more about the course and other closely related business, management and enterprise courses I would suggest registering for the next virtual open day on Saturday 21st November where you can view new course talks and speak to the course leader and other current students. Let me know if you have any questions about the course or living in Sheffield. :smile:

Harry
I’m predicted AAB and I’m applying to Leeds, York , Nottingham Trent, Manchester met and Aston
Reply 23
Original post by Tashax2
I’m predicted AAB and I’m applying to Leeds, York , Nottingham Trent, Manchester met and Aston

I applied to Nottingham Trent and Aston too! :smile:
Original post by 326888
I applied to Nottingham Trent and Aston too! :smile:

Technically at Aston I’m doing marketing and at ntu im doing business management and marketing. What are your predicted grades ?
Reply 25
Original post by Tashax2
Technically at Aston I’m doing marketing and at ntu im doing business management and marketing. What are your predicted grades ?

Oh cool! My predicted grades are ABB. Will let you know when I hear back from them uni’s!! x
Original post by 326888
Oh cool! My predicted grades are ABB. Will let you know when I hear back from them uni’s!! x

Me too ! Where else are you applying?
Reply 27
Original post by Tashax2
Me too ! Where else are you applying?

Thank you :smile: & Coventry university, Liverpool John Moores, and UWE Bristol. Sadly couldn’t apply to any Russel group universities because they all wanted a B in GCSE maths when I got a C! :frown: :frown:
Original post by 326888
Thank you :smile: & Coventry university, Liverpool John Moores, and UWE Bristol. Sadly couldn’t apply to any Russel group universities because they all wanted a B in GCSE maths when I got a C! :frown: :frown:

All apart from York ! That’s why I’m applying there as I’ve got a 4 in maths - for the BA version you need a 4 but for the bsc it’s a 5, and Leeds is meant to be a 5 but I’m applying through access to Leeds ( to get a lower offer) and I need a 4 if I’m successful. I even thought about changing course because I needed a 5! I’m just worried about getting in as I have average GCSE’s - 97A6544 and functional skills pass . How are your GCSE’s ? What will be ur firm and insurance if you get all offers ?
Reply 29
Original post by Tashax2
All apart from York ! That’s why I’m applying there as I’ve got a 4 in maths - for the BA version you need a 4 but for the bsc it’s a 5, and Leeds is meant to be a 5 but I’m applying through access to Leeds ( to get a lower offer) and I need a 4 if I’m successful. I even thought about changing course because I needed a 5! I’m just worried about getting in as I have average GCSE’s - 97A6544 and functional skills pass . How are your GCSE’s ? What will be ur firm and insurance if you get all offers ?

Oh wow nice to see someone in the same boat as me with the 4 in maths I suppose haha! My course is business management and Human Resources so not as common as business management on its own. I looked at Leeds and saw the access to Leeds thing but it just looked really long so I didn’t bother! Honestly same I was going to switch to just business management too! But I’ve stuck with my gut and most likely my firm is going to be either Aston university or Nottingham Trent (most likely Nottingham Trent) and my insurance will be UWE Bristol. How about your firm and insurance? Also my GCSEs aren’t great to be honest, I never took them seriously :frown: but I got like A*BB5444433. I received my Coventry offer today (I know not a great university) but the requirements on the website were ABB and I got an conditional offer of BBB. Hoping the same for Aston and Nottingham Trent!
Original post by 326888
Oh wow nice to see someone in the same boat as me with the 4 in maths I suppose haha! My course is business management and Human Resources so not as common as business management on its own. I looked at Leeds and saw the access to Leeds thing but it just looked really long so I didn’t bother! Honestly same I was going to switch to just business management too! But I’ve stuck with my gut and most likely my firm is going to be either Aston university or Nottingham Trent (most likely Nottingham Trent) and my insurance will be UWE Bristol. How about your firm and insurance? Also my GCSEs aren’t great to be honest, I never took them seriously :frown: but I got like A*BB5444433. I received my Coventry offer today (I know not a great university) but the requirements on the website were ABB and I got an conditional offer of BBB. Hoping the same for Aston and Nottingham Trent!

Honestly having the 4 has caused so many problems 🤣 but thankfully there’s still places we can apply. Well done for Coventry !! The access is very Long I won’t lie and the I have to do a module 🤣 my firm will be Leeds because I have to make it my firm because of the access course and the probably Nottingham Trent as my insurance . We might see each other ! Oh Yess I didn’t include the gcses I failed I didn’t pass the sciences I got 2 and 3’s but I don’t think that I’ll affect my application as it’s not very relevant and you did good and I didn’t take mine seriously 🤣
Reply 31
Original post by Tashax2
Honestly having the 4 has caused so many problems 🤣 but thankfully there’s still places we can apply. Well done for Coventry !! The access is very Long I won’t lie and the I have to do a module 🤣 my firm will be Leeds because I have to make it my firm because of the access course and the probably Nottingham Trent as my insurance . We might see each other ! Oh Yess I didn’t include the gcses I failed I didn’t pass the sciences I got 2 and 3’s but I don’t think that I’ll affect my application as it’s not very relevant and you did good and I didn’t take mine seriously 🤣

Literally! If only we had a 5, it would have made things so much easier haha & thank you!!! Honestly I was going to go for Leeds until I realised they wanted what a 5/6 in maths! Yeah I could not be bothered to take that access course, that would stress me out to the max on top of A Levels!! But best of luck I hope you get into Leeds, it’s fab for business management (and like everything else lol haha) and oh cool could potentially see you in notts :smile: .
My 3’s were in chemistry and history GCSE! Just couldn’t hack em... & no they shouldn’t affect your application at all. I also put down that I got a U in AS Biology hah! Will keep in touch (kind of new-ish to the student room so not sure how we go about it unless we keep it in this forum)
Original post by 326888
Literally! If only we had a 5, it would have made things so much easier haha & thank you!!! Honestly I was going to go for Leeds until I realised they wanted what a 5/6 in maths! Yeah I could not be bothered to take that access course, that would stress me out to the max on top of A Levels!! But best of luck I hope you get into Leeds, it’s fab for business management (and like everything else lol haha) and oh cool could potentially see you in notts :smile: .
My 3’s were in chemistry and history GCSE! Just couldn’t hack em... & no they shouldn’t affect your application at all. I also put down that I got a U in AS Biology hah! Will keep in touch (kind of new-ish to the student room so not sure how we go about it unless we keep it in this forum)

If you’ve got Snapchat or Instagram or even email we can keep in touch there as it’ll be more reliable? I’m new to this as well it’s confusing me a little , oh I know the access is very long and extensive but hopefully I pass it if not I’ve got my other options , yeah I had a 3 in physics and 2 in chem and bio 🤣 I didn’t think we had to put down the GCSE’s we failed but we have to I hate that ☹️
Reply 33
Original post by Tashax2
If you’ve got Snapchat or Instagram or even email we can keep in touch there as it’ll be more reliable? I’m new to this as well it’s confusing me a little , oh I know the access is very long and extensive but hopefully I pass it if not I’ve got my other options , yeah I had a 3 in physics and 2 in chem and bio 🤣 I didn’t think we had to put down the GCSE’s we failed but we have to I hate that ☹️

Insta - sumina.dsx will speak there!
Original post by 326888
Insta - sumina.dsx will speak there!

Will follow you now 😀
Original post by Tashax2

Hi I am also applying to Leeds and York for business and management (received offers from both)! I am doing the access to leeds scheme too:smile:
Original post by abbbbbb.
Hi I am also applying to Leeds and York for business and management (received offers from both)! I am doing the access to leeds scheme too:smile:

That’s great , well done ! Can I ask what were your predicted grades and GCSE’s ? I’m worried mine aren’t that great , how many things did you qualify for for the access to Leeds ? x
Original post by abbbbbb.

I’m so happy I’ve found someone who’s doing the same as me and applying to the same !
Original post by Tashax2
That’s great , well done ! Can I ask what were your predicted grades and GCSE’s ? I’m worried mine aren’t that great , how many things did you qualify for for the access to Leeds ? x

Hi! & thank you :smile: Predicted grades: A*AB (media studies, economics and geography- in that order). GCSE's: 888777766B. I qualified for two things for access to Leeds (postcode- low progression of higher education and school that I attended for GCSE's).
Original post by Tashax2
I’m so happy I’ve found someone who’s doing the same as me and applying to the same !

For the programme, which choice are you going to select? I was thinking of doing the project instead of the test/written question!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending