Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Are you applying to study Classics at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:
Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>
LegoSlayer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’ve put my UCAS application in to my school- now waiting for them to send the reference to the unis!
Classical Civilisation: Leeds
Classical Civilisation: Warwick
Classical Studies: Manchester
Plus I forgot to add Reading: Classical Studies to my application but I’m going to add it as an extra choice after it is sent to the universities.
laurenbalmerrrr
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Woo fellow classicists!
Applying to: Oxford (Univ) Classics II, KCL Classical Studies, Leeds Classical Civilisation, Manchester Classical Studies and Liverpool with Archaeology with Ancient Civilisations. Probably in that preferential order. 2/5 offers
laurenbalmerrrr
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LegoSlayer)
I’ve put my UCAS application in to my school- now waiting for them to send the reference to the unis!
Classical Civilisation: Leeds
Classical Civilisation: Warwick
Classical Studies: Manchester
Plus I forgot to add Reading: Classical Studies to my application but I’m going to add it as an extra choice after it is sent to the universities.
I'm applying for Leeds and Manchester aswell! What you thinking of firming and insuring once the offers come in? why not 5 choices btw?
LegoSlayer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by laurenbalmerrrr)
I'm applying for Leeds and Manchester aswell! What you thinking of firming and insuring once the offers come in? why not 5 choices btw?
I actually changed my mind and added Reading and Nottingham so I do have 5 choices! I’ve got offers from Leeds and Reading and I’m thinking of Leeds as firm and Reading as insurance but I’m not sure yet; you?
laurenbalmerrrr
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LegoSlayer)
I actually changed my mind and added Reading and Nottingham so I do have 5 choices! I’ve got offers from Leeds and Reading and I’m thinking of Leeds as firm and Reading as insurance but I’m not sure yet; you?
Ah Reading is a good one!! I applied there last year (reapplying this year) and a professor of classics sent me a letter which none of the other unis did so I love them ahaha, they usually offer a grade lower aswell if firmed
And same I've got my offer from Leeds, they were really quick which the others are not, annoyingly
Thinking of firming KCL ( not getting hopes up on Oxford and I prefer KCL anyway) and insuring Leeds or Manchester as both have a similar feel, but same I'm unsure currently and we do have a ages to decide anyway lol
Rosie0S
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Manchester- Classical studies
Leeds- Classical civilisation
Durham- Classical civilisation
St. Andrews- Classical Studies
I got offers from Manchester, Leeds and Durham and I'll probably firm Durham and insure Manchester, I also applied to Oxford but I missed the written work hand in
kat273xx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rosie0S)
Manchester- Classical studies
Leeds- Classical civilisation
Durham- Classical civilisation
St. Andrews- Classical Studies
I got offers from Manchester, Leeds and Durham and I'll probably firm Durham and insure Manchester, I also applied to Oxford but I missed the written work hand in
Can you not still email them it now and just come up with an explanation?
Rosie0S
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kat273xx)
Can you not still email them it now and just come up with an explanation?
Honestly, I would but I haven't had the motivation to do them so
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (473)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (581)
41.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (291)
20.64%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (65)
4.61%

Watched Threads