How to get maintenance loan released?

Watch
TheAlchemistress
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have recurved my entitlement letter. I called SFE and they told me to call or email my university.

So I called them and they told me that SFE has to do it and I have to email them.

What email address should I be using to email them?

The receptionist at the university told me that everything is done online now etc. And they don’t handle this.

Any advice?
NeroliTenzing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If it's your first year, you need to go off the date of your entitlement. When it's approved they contact HMRC to check your national insurance. They send these requests every Wednesday & get it back the following Wednesday, you should then see your payments change to approved (from blocked) on your online account.
It is most definitely the uni that needs to contact SFE electronically to send confirmation of registration (for your maintenance) & confirmation of attendance two weeks later (for your tuition). They can only send that once you're registered on the first day of the course.
The CoR normally takes 2-3 days to process, if this is past the first instalment date, your bank processes within 5 working days. If CoR is sent before the expected date, it will go in the bank that day.
Ignore this receptionist, if you need any further help check with the finance department of your uni. I don't know why they all seem so clueless about something they have to do for 1000s.
TheAlchemistress
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by NeroliTenzing)
If it's your first year, you need to go off the date of your entitlement. When it's approved they contact HMRC to check your national insurance. They send these requests every Wednesday & get it back the following Wednesday, you should then see your payments change to approved (from blocked) on your online account.
It is most definitely the uni that needs to contact SFE electronically to send confirmation of registration (for your maintenance) & confirmation of attendance two weeks later (for your tuition). They can only send that once you're registered on the first day of the course.
The CoR normally takes 2-3 days to process, if this is past the first instalment date, your bank processes within 5 working days. If CoR is sent before the expected date, it will go in the bank that day.
Ignore this receptionist, if you need any further help check with the finance department of your uni. I don't know why they all seem so clueless about something they have to do for 1000s.
Thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (1)
4.35%
No (22)
95.65%

Watched Threads