The Student Room Group

Sent away from GP for having a high temp

I had a really important GP appointment today that I need to have as soon as possible... I had my temperature checked at the entrance and apparently it was too high. It was really hot today and I had to walk 30 minutes which is why I was so hot. My appointment was rescheduled for tomorrow and now idk what to do to make myself cool down, I know it'll just be the same thing again because it's meant to be hot again tomorrow and I still have to walk far... What do I do? I really need to see the GP :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can someone drive you instead?
You can't just blame your temperature on the weather...
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I had a really important GP appointment today that I need to have as soon as possible... I had my temperature checked at the entrance and apparently it was too high. It was really hot today and I had to walk 30 minutes which is why I was so hot. My appointment was rescheduled for tomorrow and now idk what to do to make myself cool down, I know it'll just be the same thing again because it's meant to be hot again tomorrow and I still have to walk far... What do I do? I really need to see the GP :/

Can it not be done over the phone or video?
Reply 4
Set off earlier and walk slower. Take things easy, bring a drink of cold water and wear suitable summer clothes.

I have a real overheating issue to the point where I only feel comfortable in Arctic winter. I find that if I take things easier when I move about it’s less profound :smile:

leave earlier to get there and carry cold water with you.
Use ice before they take your temp
Reply 7
ah the covid shitshow continues. props to you for not snapping. i would've made a huge scene 😂
Reply 8
even if, the chances of it being caused by covid are pretty low if she has no other symptoms
Reply 9
Just stay at home, self-isolate and get tested for the symptoms of Covid-19 you're reporting. The weather and exercise do not affect your core body temperature -- this is why you sweat etc.

Edit: definitely do not attempt to "game" the temperature test as others are suggesting (e.g. using ice or otherwise trying to artificially lower your temperature). The temperature check is there to protect others from getting corona.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
i don't remember that being an issue in the pre covid era (not being allowed in)
Reply 11
just looking at it makes me wanna puke. i'd rather catch it and die than face another lockdown :smile:

Can you get a lift / bus / taxi?
Reply 13
thanks hun 🙈 i know it will be a waste to the world of art but what can you do.
Walk more slowly and be glad you're not menopausal?
Original post by Ciel.
even if, the chances of it being caused by covid are pretty low if she has no other symptoms

We are at a point in the pandemic where new cases are rising rapidly, driven significantly by young people who experience mild symptoms. The chances are hardly “pretty low”.

Imagine how many patients would be left without appointments if that GP then caught covid and had to isolate.
Original post by Ciel.
i'd rather catch it and die than face another lockdown :smile:

You're clearly never going to become a submariner :smile:

Get there half an hour early and that should remove any temp due to fatigue. You shouldnt try to disguise things as if you had covid and spread it you could make the surgery close down and then many hundreds of people would be without the GP. Maybe a telephone appointment would be better?
Reply 18
Original post by Compost
You're clearly never going to become a submariner :smile:

i know :<

next they'll be saying you can't attend school just because you have a little cough

Quick Reply

Latest