Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Are you applying to study Criminology at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>
lauren15x15
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m applying for sociology with criminology I’ve applied to :
Loughborough
University of Nottingham
University of Birmingham
Nottingham Trent

I’m still trying to make up my mind, I know Loughborough is good for criminology, but also considering the Russell groups as they have a good academic reputation.
So I’m not sure ?
Last edited by lauren15x15; 1 month ago
16sivanx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m applying for criminology at Northumbria, Sheffield, Nottingham Trent, De Montfort and Manchester Met!
Lilliehowes03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve applied for Manchester Met, Leeds Beckett, Liverpool John Moores, Uni of Hull and Nottingham Trent. Manchester’s definitely my first choice and I can’t see that changing. Just waiting on an offer back from Leeds and then that’s offers from them all.
strawberrymilk_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lauren15x15)
Loughborough
University of Nottingham
University of Birmingham
Nottingham Trent

I’m still trying to make up my mind, I know Loughborough is good for criminology, but also considering the Russell groups as they have a good academic reputation.
So I’m not sure ?
I’m in the same situation 😭😭😭
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lauren15x15)
Loughborough
University of Nottingham
University of Birmingham
Nottingham Trent

So I’m not sure ?
Hi lauren15x15

My advice is don't choose a university purely based on whether it is Russel Group or not. RG really only seems to have importance here on TSR and in some 6th forms - especially for courses such as criminology.

Employers want to see well rounded candidates with a good degree result. So out of the ones you've applied for, you need to look at what each one can offer you the most and do they match up with your career aspirations and interests. You also need to look at location, living costs, whether you want a city or campus uni, employability stats, extra curricular activities etc etc. That's how you should decide on which uni you want to go to - not if it's RG or not.

Hope that helps
Vicky
lauren15x15
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by strawberrymilk_)
I’m in the same situation 😭😭😭
Hey,

I've decided now and gone with Loughborough. I firmed it a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. There are so many group chats being able to talk to people, and honesty the RG wasn't what was a massive factor but the content of the course and just the uni in general.

hope you make the right decision for yourself and what you feel is best for you. At the end of the day you will have a great uni experiences either way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (117)
52.47%
No (106)
47.53%

Watched Threads