Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
The first time I was in love, it was intense. When we started dating, I felt so sick all the time, I could barely eat. I constantly thought about him. If anything went wrong between us, I'd take it so hard and cry for hours.An argument would make me feel stone cold inside and it'd ruin my whole mood, it literally felt like the end of anything. I would feel nervous if his name flashed up on my phone. Before seeing him, I'd feel ill, anxious, I could never properly relax and be myself around him. If his name came up, it made me nervous.

I was obviously devastated when that ended in late March (won't go into how, but it was horrible and he betrayed my trust in so many ways, he was toxic and manipulative). Since then, I've been talking to a lot of people, messing about sort of thing, and just recently for the last few weeks I've started speaking to another guy. I really like him but I feel different this time.

I don't feel sick when he texts me, I don't feel overly anxious, I can go hours without thinking of him. Talking with him makes me happy rather than scared I'll say the wrong thing, and I find myself being myself, not a fake version I hope he'll like.

I'm writing this post because I saw a thing the other day, saying that when a person is toxic for you, your body physically rejects them - the first guy I mentioned, I think that was happening, but that's my first ever perception of love. Like that's all I know. And now with this new guy, I don't feel so intense about it, and it feels weird, and I can't gauge if this is love or not, I just don't understand what I'm feeling or what I felt.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences. I feel kinda weird about it and can't really put it into words. Like if a person is toxic for you, does your subconscious know it somehow and react with a sort of fight-or-flight response? Or is love just THAT intense? It's so weird. I don't know. Anyone relate at all?
Abzzz57
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The first time I was in love, it was intense. When we started dating, I felt so sick all the time, I could barely eat. I constantly thought about him. If anything went wrong between us, I'd take it so hard and cry for hours.An argument would make me feel stone cold inside and it'd ruin my whole mood, it literally felt like the end of anything. I would feel nervous if his name flashed up on my phone. Before seeing him, I'd feel ill, anxious, I could never properly relax and be myself around him. If his name came up, it made me nervous.

I was obviously devastated when that ended in late March (won't go into how, but it was horrible and he betrayed my trust in so many ways, he was toxic and manipulative). Since then, I've been talking to a lot of people, messing about sort of thing, and just recently for the last few weeks I've started speaking to another guy. I really like him but I feel different this time.

I don't feel sick when he texts me, I don't feel overly anxious, I can go hours without thinking of him. Talking with him makes me happy rather than scared I'll say the wrong thing, and I find myself being myself, not a fake version I hope he'll like.

I'm writing this post because I saw a thing the other day, saying that when a person is toxic for you, your body physically rejects them - the first guy I mentioned, I think that was happening, but that's my first ever perception of love. Like that's all I know. And now with this new guy, I don't feel so intense about it, and it feels weird, and I can't gauge if this is love or not, I just don't understand what I'm feeling or what I felt.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences. I feel kinda weird about it and can't really put it into words. Like if a person is toxic for you, does your subconscious know it somehow and react with a sort of fight-or-flight response? Or is love just THAT intense? It's so weird. I don't know. Anyone relate at all?
Hi, its hard because 'love' means different things to different people and everyone feels it differently. I wouldn't compare your first relationship to this one.. I think your first love is always the most intense, mainly because you are trying to figure everything out and you have nothing to compare it to, so its hard to know if its a good relationship or not. The second relationship just sounds like a bit more grownup, and that you aren't going to let what happened in your first relationship to happen again.

Its interesting though if its true that your body physically reacts to a bad relationship before you realise its a bad relationship, i'm definitely going to have a read and see what people have said! Just go with your gut I guess, I hope your new relationship works out!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (134)
61.47%
I don't have everything I need (84)
38.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed