Manooka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Are you applying to study Geology & Earth Sciences at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:
Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
khunter123444
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Heyy I've applied to read geology at all bar Cambridge where I'm applying for Geography.

A-Level Predicted Grades: A* A* A

GCSE Grades: 9888776665 (I know not the best)

Cambridge (Geography BA): entry req: A*AA + 2 essays
Imperial (Geology BSc): entry req: AAA
Durham (Geology BSc): entry req: AAB
Exeter (Geology BSc): entry req: AAB/ABB OFFER RECIEVED: AAB (or one grade lower if firmed)
Bristol (Geology BSc): entry req: AAB OFFER RECIEVED: AAB
Last edited by khunter123444; 2 weeks ago
JuliaJhnsn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi

A-level predicted grades: A*A*A*D1 (Cambridge Pre-U Geography has a weird grading system)
GCSE grades: 999999999

Oxford (Earth Sciences MEarthSci)
Durham (Earth Sciences MSci)
Imperial (Geology MSci)
Birmingham (Geology MSci)
Bristol (Geology MSci) OFFER: ABB
Last edited by JuliaJhnsn; 1 week ago
khunter123444
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JuliaJhnsn)
Hi

A-level predicted grades: A*A*A*D1 (Cambridge Pre-U Geography has a weird grading system)
GCSE grades: 999999999

Oxford (Earth Sciences MSc)
Durham (Earth Sciences MSc)
Imperial (Geology MSc)
Birmingham (Geology MSc)
Bristol (Geology MSc)

I only sent off my application yesterday so I haven't heard anything yet, but fingers crossed... Good luck everyone!
Good luck which college at Durham? BTW bristol should hopefully give you an offer really soon.
JuliaJhnsn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by khunter123444)
Good luck which college at Durham? BTW bristol should hopefully give you an offer really soon.
I wasn't too fussed about Durham colleges so my main criteria was just aesthetic appeal - and Castle (University) clearly won. What about you?
khunter123444
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wasn't too fussed about Durham colleges so my main criteria was just aesthetic appeal - and Castle (University) clearly won. What about you?
Haha, yeah same to be honest. I chose Cuths as I liked the location of it being at the end of the Bailey so the walk to the earth sciences department is a nice one, yet not too long. Apparently has the cheapest pint too
khunter123444
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Anyone had an imperial interview offer? I'm yet to receive an invitation Hopefully it'll come soon.
profuseacoustic
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Anyone had an imperial interview offer? I'm yet to receive an invitation Hopefully it'll come soon.
I didn't apply to imperial, but it will most likely come soon as interviews all tend to be about the same time.
profuseacoustic
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
A-Level Predicted Grades: A* A* A*
GCSE Grades: 9999887776

Oxford (Earth sciences MSci):
Entry req: A*AA
Durham (Earth sciences MSci):
Entry req: AAA
Bristol (Geology MSci):
Entry req: AAB
Offer received: AAB
Manchester (Earth and planetary sciences MSci):
Entry req: AAA
Interview invitation
Southampton (Geology BSc):
Entry req: ABB
Last edited by profuseacoustic; 2 days ago
JuliaJhnsn
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I haven’t had one yet either. I’m pretty sure that I read that they interview anyone likely to meet the grades so fingers crossed they’ll be sent out soon 🤞
khunter123444
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I haven’t had one yet either. I’m pretty sure that I read that they interview anyone likely to meet the grades so fingers crossed they’ll be sent out soon 🤞
Ohh okayy, fingers crossed than ahaha
need urgent help
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Predicted: A*A*A*AA all a levels I know, I’m mad.
GCSE Grades - 9999888876A*
Oxford Earth Science
Exeter Geology Masters - offer received AAA or AAB if firmed
Leeds Geology Bachelors - offer received ABB
Imperial - earth and planetary
Durham earth science masters
profuseacoustic
Rep:
?
Report 27 minutes ago
Has anyone got any idea what the interview questions for non-Oxbridge universities are like-- I have an interview in 3 weeks but don't really know what type of questions they will ask.
khunter123444
Rep:
?
Report 20 minutes ago
(Original post by profuseacoustic)
Has anyone got any idea what the interview questions for non-Oxbridge universities are like-- I have an interview in 3 weeks but don't really know what type of questions they will ask.
For Manchester? It's very likely that the interview isn't going to be highly selective, it'll just be a chance to chat etc, shows you have a genuine interest etc. They'll probably ask standard questions like "Why Manchester?", "Why Geology" etc. If you did Geology A-Level they may ask you a few geology questions, like describe the formation of x formation etc.

Ofc, this information is just what I've gathered on TSR, so please take this with a pinch of salt, and you could probs find very similar answers on past threads like this Good luck
profuseacoustic
Rep:
?
Report 18 minutes ago
For Manchester? It's very likely that the interview isn't going to be highly selective, it'll just be a chance to chat etc, shows you have a genuine interest etc. They'll probably ask standard questions like "Why Manchester?", "Why Geology" etc. If you did Geology A-Level they may ask you a few geology questions, like describe the formation of x formation etc.

Ofc, this information is just what I've gathered on TSR, so please take this with a pinch of salt, and you could probs find very similar answers on past threads like this Good luck
Thank you, that's all very helpful advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.64%
I'm not sure (54)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (344)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.98%
I'm not a current university student (570)
48.51%

Watched Threads