The Student Room Group

Official History of Art applicants thread 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manooka
Are you applying to study History of Art at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

I'm applying for History of Art at Courtauld, UCL, Goldsmiths, Bristol and Leeds, i've only just sent off my application so until January will be very stressed out! Courtauld is definitely my top choice but I know they're usually the last to send out offers as the intake is so small..

I currently study History of Art, Fine Art and Sociology at A-level and predicted A*,A*,A
hey i'm from bristol and i've applied for courtauld, st andrews, edinburgh, york and leeds!
i'm currerntly doing History of Art Pre U, English Lit and Fine Art, but i did a year of Latin A Level too
i'm predicted D3, A, A and got 9,8,8,7,7,7,7,6,6,5 for GCSEs
not superb but (hopefully) alright aha :^)
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi everyone,
Has anyone heard from Oxford yet?

So nervous...

Good luck :smile:
Original post by gracew14
Hi everyone,
Has anyone heard from Oxford yet?

So nervous...

Good luck :smile:

Nope! I keep refreshing my emails and the spreadsheet like mad!
Reply 24
Original post by katherine04
Nope! I keep refreshing my emails and the spreadsheet like mad!

Neither have I, stressful waiting game!
what colleges did you guys apply/allocated to!!
Original post by seven12eleven

Lincoln, wbu?

Worcester - wbu?
Reply 28

Wadham, you?
St catz ^^
I've just been offered an interview at Lincoln College Oxford! Honestly can't believe it!! Has anyone else heard yet?
I've just been offered an interview at Lincoln College Oxford! Honestly can't believe it!! Has anyone else heard yet?

I just saw on the spreadsheet!! Well done :smile: No not heard yet, eek ....
Original post by gracew14
I just saw on the spreadsheet!! Well done :smile: No not heard yet, eek ....

I'm sure you'll get some good news soon! My fingers are crossed for you!
I'm sure you'll get some good news soon! My fingers are crossed for you!

Thank you!! I'll let you know! Once again congrats x

Congrats !!
Reply 35

Congrats!! still waiting for christ church...
I just got an invitation from St. John’s oxford
Original post by elwy
Congrats!! still waiting for christ church...

Same: I am still waiting for Worcester... I reckon maybe tomorrow now? Good luck !! x
i just received an interview from st. catz oxford! i've been sooo stressed about it and now it just feels so unreal! does anyone have any tips and advice on history of art interviews? (there is so little info available online...)

i also applied for history of art courses at St Andrews, York and UCL.

i am an international student from Hong Kong and i take the IB. my predicted grade is 44/45 and i study visual arts, english, business at HL and physics, maths, chinese at SL (i was worried that not having studied history/ art history would affect my application but i guess not!). at the moment i have only received an offer from York (i know St Andrews have given out offers so i am just patiently waiting for a decision).

i'm so glad to have found this thread, no one else in my school applied for this course!
Original post by parksooyoung
i just received an interview from st. catz oxford! i've been sooo stressed about it and now it just feels so unreal! does anyone have any tips and advice on history of art interviews? (there is so little info available online...)

i also applied for history of art courses at St Andrews, York and UCL.

i am an international student from Hong Kong and i take the IB. my predicted grade is 44/45 and i study visual arts, english, business at HL and physics, maths, chinese at SL (i was worried that not having studied history/ art history would affect my application but i guess not!). at the moment i have only received an offer from York (i know St Andrews have given out offers so i am just patiently waiting for a decision).

i'm so glad to have found this thread, no one else in my school applied for this course!

Hi, congrats on your offer, I am still waiting!! I have offers from York, St Andrews, Warwick and Exeter. Don't stress about not having studied HofA, plus you do visual arts, and they want to interview you!
No one else in my school has applied either :smile: WELL DONE X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending