The Student Room Group

Official Journalism applicants thread 2021

Are you applying to study Journalism at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! I've applied for Journalism at: Edinburgh Napier, Stirling, Strathclyde and Robert Gordon university. I also applied for media and communications at Glasgow Caledonian but that was mainly a back up choice. If you've applied to any of those unis please feel free to message me!:smile:
Helloooo! I applied last year and deferred, so I’m going to be studying BA Journalism at Lincoln! Super excited :smile:
Original post by eilidh__
Hello! I've applied for Journalism at: Edinburgh Napier, Stirling, Strathclyde and Robert Gordon university. I also applied for media and communications at Glasgow Caledonian but that was mainly a back up choice. If you've applied to any of those unis please feel free to message me!:smile:

Hi have you heard back from any?

Hi I’ve also applied for these course I’ve got an interview for Napier and an unconditional for media and communication at Caledonian, do u have any idea what the interview is going to be like at Napier ?
Original post by Lewisg307
Hi I’ve also applied for these course I’ve got an interview for Napier and an unconditional for media and communication at Caledonian, do u have any idea what the interview is going to be like at Napier ?

Good luck! Did you get an interview for Cali? I’ve heard they do them too. Also when did you hear back from Cali and what was your results last year? :smile: good luck on your interview!
Hi, I’ve not heard back for multimedia journalism at Cali yet and I heard back on the 4th for media and communication and last year i got AABBB. Have u heard back from anywhere ?

Hey! I've applied for Journalism at Edinburgh Napier, starting this year! I'm from West London, so quite far away!
Reply 8

Hi! I have no idea what the interviews gonna be like. I'm assuming it'll just be an hour or so talking about our portfolio pieces then a chance to ask questions. I'm very nervous for it, how are you coping?
Reply 9
Original post by cristians0001
Hey! I've applied for Journalism at Edinburgh Napier, starting this year! I'm from West London, so quite far away!

Hello! How are you feeling for your interview?
Hi! I have no idea what the interviews gonna be like. I'm assuming it'll just be an hour or so talking about our portfolio pieces then a chance to ask questions. I'm very nervous for it, how are you coping?

I got an email yesterday saying my interview is at 3:30 and I am quite nervous for it as am not sure what it’s going to be like and what type of questions they are going to ask. Where is your first choice mine is strathclyde but they are taking forever to get back
I got an email yesterday saying my interview is at 3:30 and I am quite nervous for it as am not sure what it’s going to be like and what type of questions they are going to ask. Where is your first choice mine is strathclyde but they are taking forever to get back

My first choice is also Strathclyde but ive still not heard back from them. My interviews at 9am though so if you want I can message you what type of questions they asked :smile:

If you could do that yup would be a life saver I’ll give you my Snapchat it’s Lewisg307 and you can add me on there if you want :smile:
Reply 13
Hey! I applied for Napier and Caledonia, but haven't heard back from Caledonia yet and Napier want a portfolio piece first. Do you guys think it's because I'm international or is there another reason? I'm super nervous 😬Thanks for any answer :smile:
Original post by Yaleena
Hey! I applied for Napier and Caledonia, but haven't heard back from Caledonia yet and Napier want a portfolio piece first. Do you guys think it's because I'm international or is there another reason? I'm super nervous 😬Thanks for any answer :smile:

Hi, nothing to worry about the portfolio request is standard for all applicants for napier. :smile:
Hello! How are you feeling for your interview?

I'm feeling good, but nervous! i'm just scared for the questions they may ask.
Reply 16
I just had my Napier interview! No clue if it was good or bad, but it was really short so I guess I didn't fare so well :/

How were your interviews and what did you think of how you did? Not only Napier but in general!
Reply 17
Hello I received an offer for MA arts and lifestyle journalism at UAL as i’m more interested in this kind of journalism rather than news journalism. I have also received an offer from Roehampton in MA journalism and I still cannot choose which one.

I also received an offer from Westminster in digital communication and social media but as an international student my dream was really to live in central london so I don’t know :frown: Studying in UK costs a lot of money and I really want to make the good choice and I feel like it’s better for me to choose a MA that is really focused on journalism to get more jobs opportunities so I don’t know if I will end up choosing westminster :frown:

I like the fact that UAL is focused on arts and lifestyle journalism and I love the fact that it’s in central London. It’s also really focused on practice rather than theory and i’m really looking for this. On the other hand, Roehampton campus is so beautiful and seems really a good place to live here but it’s not in central london neither and ofc it doesn’t have the same reputation as westminster or UAL have :frown:
I just found out that I got into the MA in digital Journalism at University of Winchester (studied there as an undergrad) so really pleased to be going back to do my Masters there :-)
Reply 19
Original post by fyre97
Hello I received an offer for MA arts and lifestyle journalism at UAL as i’m more interested in this kind of journalism rather than news journalism. I have also received an offer from Roehampton in MA journalism and I still cannot choose which one.

I also received an offer from Westminster in digital communication and social media but as an international student my dream was really to live in central london so I don’t know :frown: Studying in UK costs a lot of money and I really want to make the good choice and I feel like it’s better for me to choose a MA that is really focused on journalism to get more jobs opportunities so I don’t know if I will end up choosing westminster :frown:

I like the fact that UAL is focused on arts and lifestyle journalism and I love the fact that it’s in central London. It’s also really focused on practice rather than theory and i’m really looking for this. On the other hand, Roehampton campus is so beautiful and seems really a good place to live here but it’s not in central london neither and ofc it doesn’t have the same reputation as westminster or UAL have :frown:

Hi! I've also applied for the MA Arts and Lifestyle Journalism and I got through to the interview round. I'm really nervous about the questions they'll ask, can you please help me out by telling me what kind of questions they asked you? I'd really appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending