The Student Room Group

Immigration officer / border force 2020

Any information on the applications of assistant immigration officer and border force task force is much appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know there a few forums out there on this subject. There is a few confusion about how the do the recruitment like why are people on "HOLD" and what happens. I have read it all depends on the scores and preferred location. The highest scores are at the top of the list with the location with the most availability. See below

"The Outcome of the Sift:

You will be notified of the outcome of the sift via email. If you are successful through the sifting process your

application will be placed on hold, all successful candidates will be placed on a Merit list with the highest

scoring candidates the top. The number of posts available will vary from location to location, as posts become

available in each area, the highest scoring candidates who have selected that location preference will be

appointed. If you are not appointed in the first instance you may be invited to progress your application at a

later date."

Hope this info is helpful.

Ta
Reply 2
Had a invite to interview today, not sure what will be asked.
Reply 3
I’ve also been invited to video interview for assistant immigration pathway. Any tips for virtual interview much appreciated :smile:
Reply 4
What locations has everyone put? I’ve got an invite too
Reply 5
Horley and Folkestone, wbu?
Reply 6
Edinburgh & Glasgow
Reply 7
Up north for me- man & lpl
Reply 8
Does anyone have any idea of the qs asked 😬
Reply 9
Not a clue, although I did a virtual interview recently for another job within CS. It was 3 strength questions and 3 competency questions linked to behaviours advertised in job description so I can only imagine it could be similar but without two people asking the questions.🤷🏼*♀️
Original post by Tay118
Horley and Folkestone, wbu?

Man lpl
Original post by Tay118
Not a clue, although I did a virtual interview recently for another job within CS. It was 3 strength questions and 3 competency questions linked to behaviours advertised in job description so I can only imagine it could be similar but without two people asking the question🤷🏼*♀️

I imagined it would be this, I hate competency questions, but enjoy the strength based ones!
How do you think you did ?
Reply 12
Original post by Hone9088
I imagined it would be this, I hate competency questions, but enjoy the strength based ones!
How do you think you did ?

Same here! I thought I did terrible but somehow passed and put on the merit list. Hoping my nerves will be better for this one!
Does anyone know what the personal statement score was out of *♀️
Reply 14
Original post by Vickic79
Does anyone know what the personal statement score was out of *♀️

It's out of 7 with 4 being the pass mark.
I have my online interview email!
Not sure what to expect?
I have opted for a London based position!
Good luck everyone 👍
Reply 16
I’ve just done my video interview. It’s not too bad it’s 12 questions which seems a lot but some of them are quite short and just about your personality e.g. how you are working with people and how you deal with things going wrong etc. Then there’s 3 longer ones about the 3 behaviours in the job advert. Hope this is helpful.

Also I was expecting to have to upload my ID documents and the end and I didn’t get an opportunity so not sure if I’ve done something wrong there. Does anyone know how you’re supposed to do that?
Original post by Lupoo10
I’ve just done my video interview. It’s not too bad it’s 12 questions which seems a lot but some of them are quite short and just about your personality e.g. how you are working with people and how you deal with things going wrong etc. Then there’s 3 longer ones about the 3 behaviours in the job advert. Hope this is helpful.

Also I was expecting to have to upload my ID documents and the end and I didn’t get an opportunity so not sure if I’ve done something wrong there. Does anyone know how you’re supposed to do that?

12 questions 😬
Maybe they will send a separate link to upload documents if you pass the interview. I know other departments of civil service have done that
Reply 18
Original post by Vickic79
12 questions 😬
Maybe they will send a separate link to upload documents if you pass the interview. I know other departments of civil service have done that

Yes it does sound a lot but it’s actually ok once you get into it. They’re pretty generic questions too there’s nothing really hard.

Oh fab thanks, I hope they do that.
Reply 19
Well Done on completing the Interview! How long did you have to answer each question?

Quick Reply

Latest