The Student Room Group

Official Mathematics applicants thread 2021

Are you applying to study Mathematics at University in 2021?
Then this is the place for you!
:danceboy:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Universities you're applying to:

Share as much detail as you’d like and connect with other students!

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here as well as subject applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

I saw that nobody had made a thread for this- I guess because this isn't as popular as some other courses. I’d love to see the unis you've applied for and any offers you've received.

Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A( Maths, FM, Chemistry and English Lit)
Applied for Oxford (St Anne’s), Warwick, Bath and Lancaster (so far) :smile:
Also got 99999986A*A in GCSEs

Got an offer for Warwick on Friday :smile: (A*A*A)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Hey, glad someone's got the chat going for the best subject :biggrin: I've applied for Cambridge (Selwyn), Warwick, UCL (Maths with modern languages for this one), St Andrews and Edinburgh, and have an unconditional offer from Warwick so far (I did my A levels in 2019).
Hello! I am applying to Cambridge (Trinity), completed high school this year (I didn't do A-levels)
Reply 4
hi i’m applying to sheffield (got an offer abb), york (got an offer aaa), bath (got an offer a*ab), bristol (got an offer a*aa) and nottingham (got an offer aab) for maths and economics. i do maths (a*/a), further maths (a*), politics (a*/a) and economics (a). gcse: 9888777765
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by aaaaaaa18
I saw that nobody had made a thread for this- I guess because this isn't as popular as some other courses. Just put in the thread the unis you've applied for and any offers you've received.

Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A( Maths, FM, Chemistry and English Lit)
Applied for Oxford, Warwick, Bath and Lancaster (so far) :smile:
Also got 99999986A*A in GCSEs

Got an offer for Warwick on Friday :smile: (A*A*A)

There was me thinking I'd be the only person in the country who does Further Maths and English Lit! 😂
I'm applying for Oxford (St Anne's), Warwick, Lancaster, Bath and Exeter. So far I've got offers for Warwick and Exeter.
I do maths, further maths, physics and English literature, in which I'm predicted A*A*A*A. My GCSEs were 999999988
Seeing people with A*s makes me feel ashamed,

Predictions: ABAA (maths, FM, chem and physics)

Applying to Bath, Birmingham, Nottingham, Exeter, Leeds (all BSc Maths)
Looking to apply end of this week but I gave my teacher dyslexia as my dyslexic self tried to write a Personal Statement
Also for GCSE 99888775AB
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by CANNED_BREAD

Looking to apply end of this week but I gave my teacher dyslexia as my dyslexic self tried to write a Personal Statement

Don't feel ashamed, that's a great set of predicted grades! That's just the way TSR is (especially at around this time when a lot of people who have already applied did so for the Oxbridge deadline). Your choices are nearly identical to mine last time I applied, you've got a great mix there :smile:
Original post by Interea
Don't feel ashamed, that's a great set of predicted grades! That's just the way TSR is (especially at around this time when a lot of people who have already applied did so for the Oxbridge deadline). Your choices are nearly identical to mine last time I applied, you've got a great mix there :smile:

Thank!
I wanted to apply for oxford (St Cats) but my predictions are too low and I’m blaming online school during lockdown for it as It didn’t go well for me, I tried getting them up last half term but I was too slow so I just accepted it
Course: Maths and Statistics

Universities you're applying to: Oxford (St Annes), UCL (Straight Statistics), LSE (Financial Maths and Statistics), Warwick (MORSE), Bristol (Conditional A*AA)

Predicted Grades: A*A*A* (Maths, Further, Chemistry)

MAT coming up :frown: I'll probably cut out Oxford from here to save myself some shame
Thank!
I wanted to apply for oxford (St Cats) but my predictions are too low and I’m blaming online school during lockdown for it as It didn’t go well for me, I tried getting them up last half term but I was too slow so I just accepted it

Uhhh yeah, lockdown...You could try again if you really want Oxford, but Bath is amazing too and if you get in it might work out one way or the other
Thank!

Well for what it's worth, I did a term of maths at Birmingham (dropped out due to mental health issues), and while the course was definitely a lot easier and less intense than what you'd do at Oxford, the university itself is absolutely lovely and everyone is so supportive that it's possibly a more suitable environment for a lot of people anyway.
Original post by *****deadness
Uhhh yeah, lockdown...You could try again if you really want Oxford, but Bath is amazing too and if you get in it might work out one way or the other

I just accepted things as they are I’ll know where ever I go it’ll be a good time!
Original post by Interea
Well for what it's worth, I did a term of maths at Birmingham (dropped out due to mental health issues), and while the course was definitely a lot easier and less intense than what you'd do at Oxford, the university itself is absolutely lovely and everyone is so supportive that it's possibly a more suitable environment for a lot of people anyway.

Exactly, also Birmingham is on the list for me for the conservatoire as I enjoy my music. I hope everything is ok with you!
I just accepted things as they are I’ll know where ever I go it’ll be a good time!

What incredible optimism. I can't relate...Meanwhile I'm absolutely dreading university or any change to my endless drag of a life. I can't bear to have things worse than they already are
What incredible optimism. I can't relate...Meanwhile I'm absolutely dreading university or any change to my endless drag of a life. I can't bear to have things worse than they already are

I get that too, my mental health hasn’t been the best but the only way it up!
Exactly, also Birmingham is on the list for me for the conservatoire as I enjoy my music. I hope everything is ok with you!

Like a year or 2 ago I had my truckload of issues and dropped out for a bit. I actually wanted to go to a conservatory, but I was terrible at the piano (passed my Grade 8 failing 2 pieces), and my compositions went pretty stuck, and soon I started picking things up again with school so I just ditched that

Also for GCSE 99888775AB

Don’t feel ashamed - i’m applying for maths with AAB predictions (maths, further maths, sociology) and it seems like everyone on tsr all have A* predictions so i felt like my grades were terrible but i’m still really happy with them and i’m able to apply for universities i’m really happy to get into (hopefully aha).
Like a year or 2 ago I had my truckload of issues and dropped out for a bit. I actually wanted to go to a conservatory, but I was terrible at the piano (passed my Grade 8 failing 2 pieces), and my compositions went pretty stuck, and soon I started picking things up again with school so I just ditched that

Just started grade 8 clarinet so fingers crossed I won’t be too trash if I end up there

Quick Reply

Latest