How much of my clothes should I pack for uni?

Watch
WhoKnows...?
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
In terms of number of clothes items and suitcases etc. Just wanting a few other people’s opinions otherwise I’ll be packing way too much!
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by WhoKnows...?)
In terms of number of clothes items and suitcases etc. Just wanting a few other people’s opinions otherwise I’ll be packing way too much!
I took just over a week's worth of clothing, plus a few particular items I thought might be needed (eg. if you play sport then pack sports stuff on top of that, or if you need formalwear then add that). I could manage a week and a half without washing, but that was all my clothes and honestly I couldn't have stored more than that in my uni room anyway! It filled a fair amount of my suitcase, but not the full thing
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How often are you going to be visiting home? When I started I discovered pretty quickly that although I'd covered all bases for the fancy dress outfits I needed for each night of freshers week, I'd brought almost no actual clothes to wear! Luckily I was close enough to make a trip back at the weekend.

If you live quite close, I'd take maybe 2 weeks worth of outfits and see how you do with that. There should be washing facilities on site, and you can also go home and get another bag full if you find you need a lot more.
WhoKnows...?
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
How often are you going to be visiting home? When I started I discovered pretty quickly that although I'd covered all bases for the fancy dress outfits I needed for each night of freshers week, I'd brought almost no actual clothes to wear! Luckily I was close enough to make a trip back at the weekend.

If you live quite close, I'd take maybe 2 weeks worth of outfits and see how you do with that. There should be washing facilities on site, and you can also go home and get another bag full if you find you need a lot more.
Thanks
I don’t think I’ll be going home until christmas
WhoKnows...?
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemur14)
I took just over a week's worth of clothing, plus a few particular items I thought might be needed (eg. if you play sport then pack sports stuff on top of that, or if you need formalwear then add that). I could manage a week and a half without washing, but that was all my clothes and honestly I couldn't have stored more than that in my uni room anyway! It filled a fair amount of my suitcase, but not the full thing
Thanks . I’m guessing all of the wardrobes are singles then ..: that will be fun
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by WhoKnows...?)
Thanks . I’m guessing all of the wardrobes are singles then ..: that will be fun
I mostly had the issue with drawer space tbh, but yes that's pretty likely
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (84)
21.43%
No (308)
78.57%

Watched Threads